Visa approved Ottawa 24th Nov

obead70

Hi all,

Thank you all for your posts, some of the fake posts were really scary. Anyways, i had my interview on 24th Nov 2014 at 10.15 a.m

This is my first H1b from F1 and I also had a 221g during my F1. My actual interview took place at around 11.30 and lasted 2-3 min only. Following were the questions asked.

1) How long have you been working for your employer?

- Joined in Feb, and he said that i am pretty new with the employer.

2) What I was doing before i joined my current employer?

- I was with a different employer but with the same client since Aug 2013 and was working as an external consultant to my current employer. My current employer offered me a full time position and I joined them in Feb 2014.

3) Ok so you also have an end client and what is the name? Do you have a client letter?

- I said I also have an end client and told him the client name but he didnt knew who that was but he knew my employer very well. I said that i only have employer letter and i dont have a client letter as my employer does not provide client letters to their employees for visa stampings. That is their policy. He said that he is hearing this for the first time and i gave him the employer letter.

4) How much do you earn yearly?

5) what do you do for your employer?

6) which office are you based in?

7) how do you like the city?

Then he said my visa is approved and i should get the passport this week. Today the status has changed to ISSUED. i am waiting for the tracking number to get updated.

thanks all.

Thank you all. My status for "Ready to Pick up" changed on 25th Nov 2014 around 11.30 pm and I collected my passport on 26th Nov 2014 and flew back to US. The immigration was done at Ottawa airport and not in US. Make sure to have your old passport if you have renewed and every document related to your current and previous status in the US. There were so many questions asked based on your previous status.

Archived