H1B visa refused. Can i reapply

kanand124

I have attended for my H1B visa interview today. My visa was rejected citing that I do not have project documentation.

My passport was given back and the VO issued 221g with a cross mark in the section " Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made"

CEAC website shows the status as "Administrative Processing"

Please advice, what can be done next. Shall I wait until the status is changed, or can I reapply for the visa?

There can be multiple things. Just pray that you get your visa stamped. They have not yet rejected the visa stamping. so have some patience. They may just approve the visa aftre some time. Or they may send NOIR to trhe USCIS. And the USCIS will then send you guys an RFE again. Be very careful in knowing that you have recieved an RFE. Most of the people do not respond as their employers never tell them the scenario.

No body can predict about your case. My suggestion is to be pro active in this situation and keep in touch with your employer. Keep an eye on your H1b receipt no. I mean keep on checking online.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

To my surprise the CEAC website says "Administrative Processing". The visa officer showed no interest in my case, and given back all the documents and passport with 221(g), so I thought its denial.

I have checked with my employer and he is ready to send the project documentation.

Will the consulate approach me and ask for additional documentation?. How long do they usually complete the administrative processing?

My question is -- Since the employer is sending the project documentation, can I reapply while the "administrative processing" is in process?

Don't believe much on website status. Go with whatever they say regarding your visa.

You cannot apply for visa.

Find a real FT employer.

Consulting on H1b does not satisfy H1b requirements. 

hello,

Need some insight.

SInce the visa status is in refused state on USCIS website since 20th-AUG and no mails has been sent back to my employer/client for any verification, what can i make out from this.

Though i have lost hope but i was expecting refusal mail under 214b

Can you please suggest.

One of the advanced member in the forum has suggested to forget about this petition and look for a new employer

If this is the case and If i happen to find a new employer, would the new employer be able to file the petiyion under CAP exemption or it would require a new H1B filing altogather.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

hello,

Need some insight.

SInce the visa status is in refused state on USCIS website since 20th-AUG and no mails has been sent back to my employer/client for any verification, what can i make out from this.

Can you please suggest.

One of the advanced member in the forum has suggested to forget about this petition and look for a new employer

If this is the case and If i happen to find a new employer, would the new employer be able to file the petiyion under CAP exemption or it would require a new H1B filing altogather.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

It would be cap exempt.

Don't believe much on website status. Go with whatever they say regarding your visa.

You cannot apply for visa.

Find a real FT employer.

Consulting on H1b does not satisfy H1b requirements. 

Hello,

Need some insight.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Archived