Birth certificate affidavit

luck2u

I heard that below affidavit format is enough to get in absence of birth certificate when applying for I-765/I-131 (EAD/AP). I have below questions....

• Is this format make sense?
  • From how many persons do we need to get affidavits?
  • Is it necessary to be family member or family friends is also fine?
  • Do we need any other documents apart of Affidavit?

Pls advise...thanks in advance!!

AFFIDAVIT OF BIRTH

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, on this day personally appeared the undersigned affiant, who, after being duly sworn, upon his or her oath states as follows:

I, __________________________________________________________, residing at __________________________________, ________________ (country) being above the age of 18, of sound mind, and competent to make this affidavit, hereby aver to the following facts:

1. ___________________________ is my family friend.

2. __________________________ was born on ______________________ (month, day, year) in ___________________, (city, state) India. ___________________’s Father is __________________________ and (his/her) Mother is ____________________________.

3. I ______________ am knowledgeable as to the birth of _________________________, and am, therefore, personally familiar with the facts relating to this individual’s birth.

4. I attest that the facts stated in this Affidavit are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

AFFIANT: (type name in caps)

ACKNOWLEDGMENT

Subscribed and sworn before me on this ___________ day of ___________.________.___________

Notary Public for the State of _______________

My commission expires:

• Is this format make sense?

Definitely. In addition, I had this additional line in my affidavits:

I have provided this information in lieu of <Full Name's> birth certificate since his/her birth data was not recorded at the time of birth, since according to the prevailing laws at that time, it was not a mandatory requirement to do so."

• From how many persons do we need to get affidavits?

I got it from three, one each from my parents and the third from my maternal aunt.

• Is it necessary to be family member or family friends is also fine?

In my opinion, the family member has to be related to the applicant, as closely as possible.

• Do we need any other documents apart of Affidavit?

NABC (Non-availability birth certificate).

Good luck my friend, post us the details of your case updates. Help build the community, and the community will help you grow.

Archived