I94 issue

gvsm_pavan

Hi,

I am employed with ABC on H1 with I797 and I94 valid till sep 30th 2015. In Aug 2014 , I applied for H1 transfer with XYZ and it got approved on Aug 8th with i94 till Dec 2015. Now I travelled to India in Oct 2014 and returned after 3 weeks. At port of entry I got new i94 number valid till 30th Sep 2015 , I am still employed with ABC. Now if I change job to XYZ will it be a problem with i94? Will the I797 with XYZ  be valid along with i94 till Sep 30th 2015?

Regards,

Pavan

Thanks for replying. Just a question, why should XYZ revoke the petition? Also just to be more clear , ABC is my present employer, XYZ is going to be future employer. Just that I wanted to join XYZ after coming back from India and serving notice period with ABC.

Well, according to immigration law employer has to revoke H1B petition the moment employee ceases to work for them. It was approved in August 2014 and now we are in Nov 2014. You did not join them at all. So, inquire with employer with XYZ whether your petition is still active. If the answer is YES then you should be fine to join XYZ.

Archived