L2 EAD Renewal document requirement

ashek

Hi

I am on L2 and have EAD that would be due for renewal soon. following is my status

Spouse's L1A Visa expiry - April 09, 2015

I94 expiry - April 09, 2015

My L2 Visa Expiry - April 09, 2015

My I94 expiry - April 09, 2015

My EAD expiry - April 09, 2015

Everything expires on same day, ie April 09, 2015.

I read on USCIS site that I need to apply for renewal 90 days before expiry, ie 09 Jan 2015.

My Supouse's company would file for his L1A and my L2 extension in Jan so we are expecting the receipt for same by Feb 2015.

What I would like to know (which I did not find in forums easily) is about the documents that would be required for my EAD renewal...

Would they renew the EAD on the basis of the L1 extension receipt or would they specifically need an approved petition (which we would get after 240 days of filing the extension as in most cases)

if not, then is there any other possibility to get the EAD renewal done...

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. but thats the problem, my spouse's employer would not agree to file for his L1 and my L2 extension now.

They have agreed to file in Jan 2015.

so would my EAD get renewed just on the basis of L2/L1 extension receipt coz for extension to be approved, it might take upto 240 days...

Thanks for the reply. but thats the problem, my spouse's employer would not agree to file for his L1 and my L2 extension now.

They have agreed to file in Jan 2015.

so would my EAD get renewed just on the basis of L2/L1 extension receipt coz for extension to be approved, it might take upto 240 days...

I doubt your EAD will be approved with receipt notice. Ask employer to apply for L1 extension renewal on PP. Your spouse can pay PP fee.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived