DUI - stamping at Hyderabad

RedFlagged

pls help, i have my stamping scheduled at Hyd on 2nd December. Had DUI Nov 2013, case was cleared by court in March 2014.

what are the chances of getting 221g? which documents should I carry? One friend tells that I need to go to hospital for check up ?

Under lot of stress becoz of this dui - learned my lesson hard way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Newbie

I am on the same boat. I have my interview in December second half. 

1) You will get 221g on Dec 2 (most likely)

2) You will be given a contact info of a doctor and you need to set up an appointment for medical tests

3) Reports will be submitted to Embassy within a week I think

4) Embassy will take 2-3 weeks time to process and request you to submit passport for visa approval/stamping (if all is well)

So basically it will take 3-4 weeks of additional processing time..given that one has all the required court documents and fulfilled all required classes, paid fines etc. PLUS good report from doctor...

Hi skmmsk123/

even i have interview in dec sec half. i have couple of questions.

1. is it possible to get the medical tests on the same day? do you know what kind of tests are they?

2. Do you know what court documents to be carried?  are copies accepted or originals only?

skmmsk123 : thanks for the reply.

lvky: I am carrying below docs(may not be applicable in your case):

Clerk of court certified copy of:

1. police case report

2. Trial Information

3. Judgement copy and Disposition letter

4. Fee and fines paid

5. Certificate of course attended

6. Attorney's letter describing the case result

From DOT:

1. Restricted driving license order aka work permit from DOT along with the form

2. Breathlyzer device certificate

3. SR-22 insurance

any further suggestion will be a help. Thank you!

Hi Guys, I had a DUI in June 2011. Came to India for marriage and then got stuck with the embassy as I needed H1B stamping.

I did my medical as requested by embassy. Don't know what the outcome will be( I said I still drink very little alcohol: true) but never drink and drive again..

Now really worried what the outcome will be. My work is pressuring me on my date of return and I was told the embassy will receive my medical only on December 16th. What do you think will happen?

I had a accident involving DUI with no injuries and I was alone in the car. My BAC was high. I am worried I will be denied. My wife is in the US and I am stuck here. Really depressed. Made one huge mistake in my life. Any advise???

My Interview was on December 9th. You can get medical through walk in the same day I suppose. You have to see 2 doctors. One for physical and one for psychology exam.

They will get CXR, blood for VDRL and Hepatitis B( from what the panel physician told me). I was not asked for a urine sample.

The psychologist asks in detail about alcohol and any drug usages. They don't tell you what goes on in the final report. I called the physician office again yesterday and was told the report will be submitted on Monday.

I have another question, in my 221G they have not asked for my court documents. I tried to tell the VFS it's asked in the white panel physician form but they would not accept my court documents. I tried to submit it with the physician report and apparently they would not do it also. So I may have to wait until the embassy goes through the medical and then asks for the court documents. I had shown my court disposition papers to the consular official at the time of my interview.

Has anyone been in a situation where they have been not asked for the documents and visa has been stamped?

During my interview CO asked me about my job, salary, and I disclosed my DUI when asked about my arrest. I was given the medical form for the panel physical exam.

Hello,

RedFlagged / Ivky /skmmsk123

Firstly, I wish you all the very best for stamping.
I have scheduled my interview in January 2015 at Chennai.I have all the necessary documents to publish to the consulate. 
It's a humble request and really appreciate your time if you could go over the interview questions and the time it took for stamping.

1. Do I get doctor's appointment on the same day of the interview?
2. How long did it take for stamping (number of days it took for your approval)?

You can also mail me interview questions at shravyahere@outlook.com.

Once, I am done with my interview I would definitely post my experience on the forum.

Thank you!

I had DUI in 2009 July and I went for visa interview on Dec15th 2014.They issued an 221g and referred me to a Doctor.But they didnt specify the CaseNumber on the sheet,Now i'm going thru another pain of getting case number first.

Guys please post the updates of your case after end result so we will have some confidence of closures.

Thanks .

Hello,

RedFlagged / Ivky /skmmsk123

Firstly, I wish you all the very best for stamping.

I have scheduled my interview in January 2015 at Chennai.I have all the necessary documents to publish to the consulate. 

It's a humble request and really appreciate your time if you could go over the interview questions and the time it took for stamping.

1. Do I get doctor's appointment on the same day of the interview?

2. How long did it take for stamping (number of days it took for your approval)?

You can also mail me interview questions at shravyahere@outlook.com.

Once, I am done with my interview I would definitely post my experience on the forum.

Thank you!

I came to know that we can also get the Doctor Declaration earlier  than the Visa apointment.When i went for interview VO asked me for Doctor Declaration which i dont have.If you are in US now try to get the certifcate before the visa interview.That will make your process smooth.In India you can search for USC affiliated Doctors who does that too.

worth a try.

Thanks.

Hi @Newbie

I am on the same boat. I have my interview in December second half. 

1) You will get 221g on Dec 2 (most likely)

2) You will be given a contact info of a doctor and you need to set up an appointment for medical tests

3) Reports will be submitted to Embassy within a week I think

4) Embassy will take 2-3 weeks time to process and request you to submit passport for visa approval/stamping (if all is well)

So basically it will take 3-4 weeks of additional processing time..given that one has all the required court documents and fulfilled all required classes, paid fines etc. PLUS good report from doctor...

is there anyway i can contact you if you are still in india.please email me at "*************" gm.

I came to know that we can also get the Doctor Declaration earlier  than the Visa apointment.When i went for interview VO asked me for Doctor Declaration which i dont have.If you are in US now try to get the certifcate before the visa interview.That will make your process smooth.In India you can search for USC affiliated Doctors who does that too.

worth a try.

Thanks.

This is good information.what is the certificate called here in US? also please post your interview questions. 

about your case number, did you give them a call? if not try calling them.

Hi DUIHELP 

When you say doctor declaration certificate does it mean to alcohol evaluation test? 

Can we take alcohol evaluation from certified alcohol evaluators in USA, will chennai consulate accept that ?

Appreciate your response ..!! 

Please update your email address in your profile.

Thanks.

No Idea. You should check with US Conslate Agency.

This is good information.what is the certificate called here in US? also please post your interview questions. 

about your case number, did you give them a call? if not try calling them.

I don't know name or any details.you should probably do some research.I felt there should be something because VO asked me for Doctor Declation.

I did sent an email to support-india@ustraveldcos. They opened a case and escalated it to counslate and told me it will take 24-48hr.But now its past, I made a call again today, still same response saying to wait.double pain in my **s.

Archived