VISA APPROVED TODAY OCT 31

Vinayprirajin84

Hi all, 

Visa has been approved today.both H1 and H4 visa approved today.. we have different interview times but still when we went to consulate.. We asked the people there and they said both can go together as she is dependent on me.and we went together.. 

All the regular procedures went through once  we stepped in to consulate which are mentioned by many...

Once we are at VO counter : ( they think you are coming from F1- H1) -- how ever my case is H1- H1

Good Morning Officer( she was lady)

Took our passport then saw my I797 then asked.. What is she to you.. Both answered Spouse. 

Where r u coming ?? ( from USA ) (VO only answered ) --- we just said Yes

Why do u want to go ? ? Do you work ? ? She only asks questions and she only answers before i even say anything  (VO only answered) -- we just said yes 

What do you do for your company ? ?  -- XXXXX

Saw my old passport visa (which is on first page) and saw F1 and she started asking about university ? where did you study ?? (VO only answered showing my F1 visa ) -- this university.... -- i said i used to.. But i am done with my graduation.. 

When did you completed --2008 

Where do you work ?? (VO answered -- Client place ) -- i said yes

What is your client name --- xxxxx 

How long have you both been married --- xx yrs

How did you come on H4  ? ? as she was looking at my F1 stamping.. (before i answer) -- VO only oh do you have other visa stamped --- looking at my old passport pages.. all i said is yes.. 

Then she realized her mistake that its H1 - H1 and she did not ask anything else.. All she said is .. do you have any legal problems  ? -- we said no.. 

have you did any offence in USA -- we said no.. 

She said.. congrats your visa has been approved.. Have a nice time in Jamaica..

Not a single document opened from files. for both of us.  

Thats all. 

1. Try to make VO realize that you whether if you are coming for F1- H1 stamping or H1- H1 stamping.. 

2. They knew the differences whether anyone is coming from F1-H1 or H1-H1 as mostly the people coming here are from F1 - H1 they are seeing only F1 stamping and thinking its there first H1 stamping.. 

3. If you have previous stamped visa.. when goign to counter try to open that and keep it push ur passport to them .. So that they know you are from H1 - H1 if any renewals are coming to Jamaica..

The only concern that is in Jamaica is the passport might take time. but if you are ok with delay you can consider Jamaica.. As it got busy with many H1 getting stamped thats the only reason for delay. 

Hi,

Congratulations. I got H1 b visa approved on Oct. 30, 9 am, at Kingston, Jamaica. Though VO only took my passport & I797 for processing. My 2 x 2 photo was attached to DS160 page and VO didn't took it. 

Did they took your photo along with your passport & I797? I am just worried that it doesn't delay my process. My online status shows that visa issued & it's in the final processing.

Please let me know.

Archived