Applied B2 extension but left USA before decision. Will it effect future visits?

smadamanchi@manh.com

We applied for B2 extension for my mother in law 45 days before her scheduled departure. However since we did not get approval before her original authorized date, my mother in law left USA. After few weeks past her departure, we got a letter from USCIS regarding decision of her B2 extension. It was worded as below:

"Your authorized stay expired on August 4 2014. Review of USCIS records show that you departed the United States on August 2, 2014, prior to your initial authorized stay, Hence, your departure from the United States within the authorized period of admission constitutes abandonment of the authorized nonimmigrant status. As a result, approval of this application serves no purpose. Therefore, USCIS denies the application"

My question is - based on the above explanation, will there be any issue for any future visits? Since she left before her authorized stay - my belief is that there should not be any problem for her next visit. Wanted to know if any one of you have experienced this situation before

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

Archived