Successful H1B Stamping @ Toronto on October 21

jjay

I wouldn't mention anything that hasn't already been said on this board as far as interview questions and what not... that's nothing new (besides, I was ONLY asked about my job description after handing the V.O my passport, DS-160 and I-979). My interview was scheduled for 10a.m but I arrived at 8.50a.m and 40 minutes later, I was on my way out. While walking to towards the counter, I smiled and asked the V.O "how are you doing today?" (even before he got the chance to speak to me). Got approved in less than 4 minutes and was told that my visa will be ready in 5 business days. Unfortunately, I had planned my trip in anticipation of 2 - 3 business days based off the experiences of other candidates on this board (which means I am likely to reschedule my return flight). Oh well, I guess it might have to do with the fact that I had a re-issued passport for my interview (different from the one used in filling my DS-160 form)... that's my best guess, otherwise I would assume there is no standard timeline for stamping after approval. I will provide an update after I pick up my visa. Hope this helps.

I stayed at the Hyatt Hotel on King Street West... its ~ 4 minutes walk to the consulate. I spent just a night there then drove further south to stay with friends until my Visa was ready for pick-up. There are tons of share accomadation and/or airbnb options you could look into though

Archived