H1B 221g pink slip - common muslim name

h1bstamping558

Hi Friends,

I am working in USA on H1B and planning to go to India on vacation during the end of November 2014. I am worried of the possible chance of getting 221g pink slip during the stamping process, for the common muslim name. I got 221g earlier in 2011 for my first time stamping in chennai and got cleared in 4 weeks. I tried searching online for 221g related posts that were caught up recently, but didn't find many.

So Friends, please help me in sharing your experiences if any of you or your friends faced 221g pink slip for common muslim name. I understand that there is no ETA for this process, but is there any recent trend in the timeline clearing these cases?

Thank you!

• 2 years later...
On 10/20/2014 at 7:28 PM, h1bstamping558 said:

Hi Friends,

I am working in USA on H1B and planning to go to India on vacation during the end of November 2014. I am worried of the possible chance of getting 221g pink slip during the stamping process, for the common muslim name. I got 221g earlier in 2011 for my first time stamping in chennai and got cleared in 4 weeks. I tried searching online for 221g related posts that were caught up recently, but didn't find many.

So Friends, please help me in sharing your experiences if any of you or your friends faced 221g pink slip for common muslim name. I understand that there is no ETA for this process, but is there any recent trend in the timeline clearing these cases?

Thank you!

Did you go to India and get stamped without a  221g , my situation is same as yours got 221g in 2010 and it took a  year to clear and came back to US in 2011 and have not gone back in fear of 221g  ,  but planning to go this year ..thanks

Archived