DS-160 question doubt

bh@

. I graduated my masters in jan 2011. before that I took CPT for 3 months sep to dec 31 2010. I took the offer letter but didnt worked on CPT, So  not Paystubs nor W2s.

My OPT started from feb -2011 , H1 started from oct 2013. I have been working since my OPT to current.

MY question in DS-160.

1) Were you previously employed ?

yes/No

If yes i dont have paystubs nor w2 to prove , I just have offer letter and experience letter as unpaid intern.

Please suggest me wat to write, Yes/No, if No, if they ask, can we tell them I didnt worked I just tookk the training and after that i got job in new company.

Please suggest me guys....thanks in advance... 

jairichi

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Your answer is YES as you worked on OPT. Were you paid during OPT?

Yes - I worked in OPT, with the same employer am on H1-b , I have been with my same employer ...

brjaiswal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

Answer should be "No" in DS160..

Hi Brjaiswal,

if NO is the answer, I took the CPT and college will give me CPT -i-20, In that my CPT emplooyee details will there, if VO asks, what I need to tell to him, I already have offer letter and also I took experience letter from that employer for that 3 months as unpaid intern, will tat be enough...

jairichi

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:00 PM

Your answer is YES as you worked on OPT. Were you paid during OPT?

Yes - I worked in OPT, with the same employer am on H1-b , I have been with my same employer ...

brjaiswal

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

Answer should be "No" in DS160..

Hi Brjaiswal,

if NO is the answer, I took the CPT and college will give me CPT -i-20, In that my CPT emplooyee details will there, if VO asks, what I need to tell to him, I already have offer letter and also I took experience letter from that employer for that 3 months as unpaid intern, will tat be enough...

If you have offer latter & experience latter then you can say "Yes". & tell unpaid intership

Archived