Visitor visa for mother

juggler

Hi,

I want to apply for Visitor visa for my mother, who was widowed last year. I'm the only daughter.

She is working and still has 2 years of service in BSNL. My mother will self sponsor her visit. We just want to send the invitation letter requesting her to stay with us and we will take care of food and housing expenses

1) Should my husband send the invitation letter or can I send it. I'm on my H4 and not working. Should we send a bank statement showing that we have enough money for housing and food. If so, how much approx?

2) My birth certificate does not have my name on it. I read that we can get an affidavit, but has to be by both mother and father. Since my father is no more, how can we proceed.

TIA for your replies.

1. Either you or your husband can send invitation letter. As you said, your mom would be self sponsoring the trip, you don't need to send the bank statements but in the invitation letter, you could spell out that she would be staying with you, you would be providing lodging, boarding and food when she is here, you would always accompany her on any trip in US.

2. Yes, you need to get at least 2 affidavits, ideally from parents and close relatives who have knowledge of your birth and can certify the facts around your birth.

I would suggest you go about it without any "invitation Letter". She will need to specify a period of stay with you guys corresponding to the leave letter from BSNL. She will need to know in broad specifics where your spouse works and where in the USA you guys stay. Also have her stay away from "agents". It would be unusual for her visa to be denied based on the facts.

• 1 month later...

I'm following up with the existing thread to maintain continuity -

Here is the pressing question. 

Are there any alternatives for NOC from BSNL?

Here is the background - 

My mom was planning for travelling in April. But we wanted to get things moving and plan her travel in advance as this is her first international travel. We mentioned the same travel dates for NOC. But apparently they give the NOC a month before travel and basically giving us a hell of a time running back and forth to obtain that document. Are there really any alternative for NOC? She has an earlier NOC from last year for applying passport - but that is mentioned in NOC. She can get a leave sanction letter from her manager and has her ID card. Can we use that instead? or any other alternatives? She has been waiting for last 2-3 months, and i rescheduled her visa interview few times already. Wondering if NOC is that important that we need to wait or go ahead with other alternatives?  

Please suggest

I'm following up with the existing thread to maintain continuity -

Here is the pressing question. 

Are there any alternatives for NOC from BSNL?

Here is the background - 

My mom was planning for travelling in April. But we wanted to get things moving and plan her travel in advance as this is her first international travel. We mentioned the same travel dates for NOC. But apparently they give the NOC a month before travel and basically giving us a hell of a time running back and forth to obtain that document. Are there really any alternative for NOC? She has an earlier NOC from last year for applying passport - but that is mentioned in NOC. She can get a leave sanction letter from her manager and has her ID card. Can we use that instead? or any other alternatives? She has been waiting for last 2-3 months, and i rescheduled her visa interview few times already. Wondering if NOC is that important that we need to wait or go ahead with other alternatives?  

Please suggest

NOC is not always asked by VO. If asked then she can try with the current one and leave approval letter.

Archived