H1-B got Approved and COS (Change of Status) got Denied : NEED HELP

balureddy

Hello Folks,

I got my H1-B approved and change of status COS got denied. USCIS asked me to go to consulate abroad HYDERABAD for visa stamping and also mentioned that if I want to attend different consulate for visa stamping then I need to file for I-824 petition, So my question is, Is it mandatory to go and attend HYDERABAD consulate for visa, or else without filing I-824 can I go ahead for visa stamping in different consulate.

Currently I am on F1 Visa working on CPT, Can anyone please help me what will be my status?

Yesterday I have contacted my school and SEVIS  asking what's my present status in SEVIS system and I got informed that I am in ACTIVE status.

Can anyone suggest me till what time I can go for VISA stamping and what are the chances of coming back.

Thanks in advance.

This working on CPT stuff is the problem.

It seems to be abuse of CPT.

Why in the world do people still do that stuff??? After TVU, everybody knows that abuse of CPT is a career killer.

You are out of status because you are working illegally. That's why the COS was denied.

Oh boy, looks like you messed up everything. Is your CPT part of your F1, I mean is your CPT job and H1 are one and same??

Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. You said that I messed up everything. But I know how much struggles I have faced in USA. I came to US in 2010 still I am an F1 student doing my 2nd Master's.

I did not even took CPT in my 1st Master's

Rahul,

Thanks for your reply. You said that I messed up everything. But I know how much struggles I have faced in USA. I came to US in 2010 still I am an F1 student doing my 2nd Master's.

I was also a student once upon a time, what struggle are you talking about?

You didn't answered by question yet, is you CPT job and H1 job are one and same?? Why did you took CPT why not OPT??

Rahul,

Nobody can just "take CPT". That's NOT how CPT works.

No real university "offers" CPT. CPT is only for work as an integral part of the curriculum.

You are abusing CPT. That means you messed up your future career in the US.

Why in the world do people still do that stuff in the year 4 after TVU???

Have you not learned anything from what happened to the people there???

Geez.

Archived