Successful Visa Stamping {First H1(General Caetogry)} @ Vancouver, Canada on Sep 30, 2014

tmreddy

Hello, 

All the best for people heading for stamping. I will pendown my experience.

I attended the interview for H1B. This is my First H1-B. I completed my masters in Canada and applied H1-B from Canada.

Many people described in the forums/blogs that you should be 30min prior to appointment time. Its safe to be early but not mandatory.

I was 30min LATE and they did not say anything. Here in vancouver, its first come first serve and you dont need to worry if you are late.

People coming for interview from outside of vancouver: Try to prefer TAXI instead of rental car sometimes its hard to find parking in downtown if your appointment is in the business hours.

There are lockers at athe Consulate(FREE) for your mobile and car key.

I was in at 8:30am for 8 am interview.

1st step: Security check - Asked for Appointment printout, DS 160, 797 & Passport.

2nd step: I left my mobile at the lcokers, they verified the ID proof(Passport) and noted down my cell and gave a key to it. when you're done with interview you can come back to the same place and collect your items.

3rd step: Security check and they let you in. They will check your DS160 and passport. 
                  They asked me whether this is my first H1-B?
                  My status in Canada?

4th step: They issued a token number after checking passport and DS160.

(My photo was not acceptable so they asked me to get a new photo in a small photo booth in the same floor in consulate and instructions led, easy to follow them(Charge : $10).

I went back to the receptionist there and gave new photos and,DS 160, 797, Passport. They took all of them and asked me to take a seat. A lady came back to me after 5min and gave it to me and asked me to go to counter C (Finger Printing)

You now wait and then get your fingerprints done here.
                   (First - left 4 fingers leaving your thumb, second - right 4 finger leaving your thumb and finally 2 thumbs)

5th step: After fingerprints you may be asked to  go to the elevator and wait(There are washrooms next to elevator-you can use it). They take you up the elevator to the 20th floor.

Again wait for your Token number and they will CALL your number and also flash the number on the screen. Here if you see your token number on screen and see top screen.

->>For example (A039 - 06) => Here "A036" is TOKEN NUMBER & "06" means go to COUNTER 6, then its your turn for visa interview).
On the day I went for interview on the 20th floor - only counters open for interview are 03, 04, 05, 06.

All the Best.

My Visa Exp: Window 6, Sep 30th, 8:00 am Slot – interviewed around 9:30 am.

Questions asked are as below:

-- EXCHANGED WISHES --

VO - Male young guy with glasses.

VO - How are you doing?
Me - I am doing good, thank you. How about yourself?
VO - Good. Thanks

VO - Is this your first time H1-B?
Me - Yes

Vo - Did you complete your masters? 
Me - Yes. In Canada.

VO - When did you graduate with Masters Degree?
Me - Answered

VO - Which School did you attend and what is your Major?
Me - XXX University, Canada; MBA - IT Consulting.

VO - So you dont have a science related masters degree.
Me - I explained him that my Major in masters in Project software consulting. Which is similar to MIS (Management Informaton Systems) in USA. In canada there is no MIS degree- It is called MBA- IT Consulting.

VO - So what is your bachelors degree in?

Me - Science.

VO- Course?

Me- Electronics and Communication Engineering.

VO - What is the project about?
Me - Explained that its a mining client and CRM implementation.

VO - What is your job in canada?
Me - Explained that I work for a canadian comapny as a fulltime and all of our company's  clients are in US. I showed my Business Card, I do the same thing that I am going to do at consultancy location. CRM implementation.

VO - What are you going to implement?

Me - CRM implementation and Portal.

VO- Explain?

Me - Like FACEBOOK, cloud to enter data/information.

VO - OK.

VO - Where are you going to work?
Me - I am going to work at the consultancy location.

VO - Do you work at consultancy or In client location?
Me - Consultancy interview me and as far I know I will work at consultancy location.

VO - Can I see the project letter(My consultant has In-house project)?
Me - I gave him.

VO - Can I please have your Labour filing?

Me - Gave them. He flipped couple pages and gave them back.

VO - Name of the Company?
Me - Answered consultancy name

VO - kept the passports and DS160 confirmation along with I797 and he said your Visa is Approved and you will get your passport in 3 -5 days. Gave me a white sheet with details about the consulate and a brouchere with "Right to Work and get paid for an Immigrant"(blue book)

Me - Thanks and you have a good day! 

Came downstairs, collected my Moobile from security.

check Passport Delivery Status: 

My status - Sep 2nd : around 11, 5, 7 PM - Admin processing.

I will update once I get any updates on passport pick up..

Thanks,
MR

Archived