Successful Stamping at Calgary @ 23rd September

asikka

Its my time to contribute and thanks a lot to everyone who contributed their experiences.

I am FTE employee and was going for H-1B stamping for first time after 6 yrs.

Interview Questions @ 2pm

1) How long you been in US

2) Were you on F1 visa before

3) Which University

4) What you do for your employer

5) How long you been with your current employer

6) Before that who you used to work for

7) How long is your contract with My Employer ( I have to correct VO on this question that i work FTE for my employer not on contract)

Visa is approved you will get in 3-5 days  (No PIMS issue)

Everyone who appeared on  23rd Sep Got their visas.

Status Changed to Issued on 26th Sep but was only able to pick up passport on Sep 30th, exactly 5 business days. I saw people getting passports in 2 days but for me it didnt happen despite NO PIMS Issue so prepare accordingly. If your status changes to Issued before 12pm 90% of the time you should be able to pick it up at Loomis Branch at 6:15pm ( Asian guy at Loomis branch is very helpful. Say Thanks from my side if you visit).

Calgary 

Calgary on a weekday can be a very boring city but on weekends it lights up if you are in bar scene. You can easily hail a cab on street if in downtown area also all hotels can hail a cab for you.All are metered cabs & they are not very expensive also. Calgary also have a light rail system and frequency is pretty good.

Sightseeing

I rented a car for 3-4 days and went to Canadian Rocky Mountains. Its about 90 mins away from Calgary. It has breathtaking beauty below are the places i visited

1) Banff Gondola - Gondola takes you to top of Sulphur Mountain - Breathtaking scenery - hiking trail -  will highly encourage to visit -- 90 mins from Calgary

2) Lake Cruise - Not worth it

3) Lake Lousie - Just Amazing - There is 7km hike to Top of mountain Teahouse - Bring your hiking shoes - 2hrs from Calgary

4) Colombia Icefield - Its a glacier and they will take you on the Glacier or you can hike - 3.5 hrs from calgary - But to get here you will drive on Icefields Parkway, One of the Worlds most Scenic Drives - Dont Miss it

5) Glacier Skywalk - Dont even bother

I hope you all have successful stampings wherever you are going. Good Luck!!

Thank you for posting all the details and Congrats. BTW, what day of 12PM you are talking about? The following day?

If your status changes to Issued before 12pm 90% of the time you should be able to pick it up at Loomis Branch at 6:15pm ( Asian guy at Loomis branch is very helpful. Say Thanks from my side if you visit).

I hope you all have successful stampings wherever you are going. Good Luck!!

Website to track your visa status after interview

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

After your interview your visa status on the above webite will start showing as Adminitrative Processing. When your status changes to Issued ( it can be any day)  and if change of status took place before 12pm then you should be able to pick your passport in the evening at Loomis branch, you dont have to wait for Loomis email. Hope this helps

Website to track your visa status after interview

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

After your interview your visa status on the above webite will start showing as Adminitrative Processing. When your status changes to Issued ( it can be any day)  and if change of status took place before 12pm then you should be able to pick your passport in the evening at Loomis branch, you dont have to wait for Loomis email. Hope this helps

Thanks again. So, that would be the following day since your interview is at 2PM right?

Archived