Waiting times for Consular Interview and Retrogression

sings

Hi All

My EB-2 Consular processing in India with PD Nov 2008 got the case approved on 16th Sept and awaiting the interview to be scheduled.

1) Any idea how long NVC may take to schedule the same?

2) Also i am hearing that the date may retrogressed in Nov and so does it mean that the interview may get pushed back? 

3) If interview get date scheduled and then the retrogression happen, will i still be given a chance to attend the interview?

If the case is approved, then wondering what interview you would be going to? In my understanding, interview happens before the case is approved. If the case is approved, NVC should have already reserved the visa for you and it will be a matter of says you get your GC. Try getting in touch with US consulate and clarify your doubts.

Sorry, i should have been more specific. Basically they reviewed my DS260 and other related documents and told me that your case is now going to be scheduled for interview. The whole review process took them 2 months and got completed on 16th Sept. With PD of Nov 2008, do i stand a chance to get the interview date this year please?

1) Any idea how long NVC may take to schedule the same?

2) Also i am hearing that the date may retrogressed in Nov and so does it mean that the interview may get pushed back? 

3) If interview get date scheduled and then the retrogression happen, will i still be given a chance to attend the interview?

Thanks 'itsmeusa'. Luckily I have got my interview date for 2nd week of Nov in Mumbai but not sure if the PD will be current(waiting for this month bulletin). Based on my discussion with NVC helpline, they told me that if the interview is scheduled then ideally you should have got the visa number(keeping my fingers crossed).

Meanwhile I need to plan ahead for medical examination and would like if you have advice for the same since I don't stay in Mumbai. Also how many days it may take for medical exam to complete? Also I have an old scar on my chest and not sure what additional test they may ask and how many days it will take.  Pls advise as I have been waiting for pretty long time.

That's a great news. Medical exam could take 3 to 5 business days. Check this for Mumbai Civil Surgeons - http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/medical_examination2.html%C2'>

US medical exam is all about to make sure you don't have any communicable disease, mental disorder, drug abuse + vaccinations (usually we need to get TDap, MMR, Varicella vaccines. Varicella could be waived if you have history of chickenpox). For Indians, usually TB titler test comes +ve, then doctor asks to get the X-ray. X-ray usually comes -ve (Surprising I got no reaction to TB titler test, so didn't go for x-ray).

You should call ahead few Civil surgeons and ask fees, whether they carry all vaccines required by US, how much time it takes to complete the exam, whether they would give you a copy of all paper work, vaccination record etc. Based on your comfort level, choose the best one and go for medical exam. No need to fast for 10-12 hrs etc.

Old scar on chest won't matter. If they ask, just tell the reason why you got that.

Also, carry names of prescription medicine you take. Answer any question doc asks.

In all, it should be a smooth experience.

Best luck! I hope you get your GC! Keep us posted.

My fear came true as Nov bulletin pushed the date for EB2 to 2005. I again checked with NVC support whether my interview date in Nov2014 as per earlier call is still valid. They told me that the retrogression don't have an impact for those who has been given scheduled date in Nov already. I am not convinced and thinking how to validate. I am yet to receive the official mail communication which I would be receiving within another 3-4 days as per them.

Please enlighten me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We fall under the F4 category and consular processing(as we stay in India).Our priority date is 21st April and our case for completed on 18th April. We have received a mail from NVC saying, we are waiting for the case to get scheduled for an interview on April 25th. Wanted to check if my case will get retrograded as per the June bulletin.

As per my understanding, the processing has only effected for the adjustment of status category and not consular processing. What's the table that I need to refer to check the the cut off date for my priority date.

Another question I have is regarding the scheduling of my interview. Its been more than 45 days that my case got completed and I haven't got any details regarding it. So can you please let me know how many more days it usually takes for an interview to get scheduled.

Archived