H1b stamping concerns..

mailtsarath

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to go for H1b visa stamping, but my case is OPT extension got denied in 2012 and my h1b,  change of status got approved in 2013 october. When my OPT extension got denied I joined in one university in California and went to mexico within 1 week to get the new sevis and new I94.

Will that effect my H1b stamping? If the interviewer asks me why there are 2 sevis and why you joined in another university, what should I answer to depend it?

If any of you guys are in same situation or know what to do in this case..please help me on this.

I highly doubt VO will go into these details. Reason being USCIS already had a chance to review all this mess when they approved your COS to H1b. VO will focus more on the merit of your documentation, job and other salient features of H1b employment.

US consulate comes under DOS. They did not approve COS H1B petition. Just because USCIS approved H1B petition does not mean that US consulate will issue a visa.

I highly doubt VO will go into these details. Reason being USCIS already had a chance to review all this mess when they approved your COS to H1b. VO will focus more on the merit of your documentation, job and other salient features of H1b employment.

Nope, if that's the case then all the H1 candidates should get there H1 visa.

US consulate comes under DOS. They did not approve COS H1B petition. Just because USCIS approved H1B petition does not mean that US consulate will issue a visa.

Nope, if that's the case then all the H1 candidates should get there H1 visa.

Nowhere in my post did I mention that VO will issue visa. 

• 5 months later...

Archived