Online MSIS Degree for H-1B transfer

smsb0709

Hi all,

I have a scenario. My friend would like to change her career from Pharmaceuticals/Non-IT to IT and want to transfer her H-1B. So, she wanted to pursue Masters in IT area. Can any one recommend which of these works for her. She wanted to finish her course ASAP (12 to 18 months)

• MS-IS or MS-IT or MS in computer applications or either of these
  • Continuing with the current job, considering any online degree(distance education) in the above concentrations from any accredited university in US or India (like from symbiosis or Alliance university) is recommended for H-1B transfer from Non-IT to IT .
  • or can she opt for doing any online certificate course in any of the above concentrations instead of doing a masters degree for H-1B transfer without any obligations.
  • Can any one recommend any universities providing affordable and durable coursework in any of these majors.
  • Can any one tell him how to find out if that particular course work , degree and/or university is recommended or can be evaluated for a sure shot H-1b transfer.

Please if any answers for the questions would be appreciated.

Thank You.

I am not worried about the content or posting on behalf of someone... I like the approach you are trying to take... Here is information what I know:

Questions 1 -- MS - IT or MS - IS or MS- CS works

Question  2 --  Don't know -- you need to check Credit Evaluation 

Question 3 -- MS is preferable Over Certification course but again need to check Credit Evaluation for that Certification course 

Question 4 -- Do a online Search to find the information

Question 5 --  Don't know..

Archived