221g: EVC Model: 29th Sep @7:30am Interview: Need Help!!

winner21

Hey Guys,

I got 221g today. Before you all jump to any conclusions, please do not simply go by the word of some people who are just lucky in getting their stamping done, around 70% of those folks who are getting stamps here are Full-Time Employees.

Just like everyone else, i thought going to jamaica is not a problem and i can get stamping, but this is surely not true as i am stuck now.

I am in EVC model, had all letters except client (they don't provide). Questions asked were:

VO: GM, how are you?

Me: GM, doing ok

VO: What did you do your masters in?

Me; Comp Science

VO: Who do you work for?

Me: I gave my Employer Name

VO: Show me your last year W2 and your 2 months paystubs

Me; Sure, provided

VO: Do you work at client site?

Me; Yes

VO: Do you have client letter?

Me; No, sorry they dont provide.

VO: Your case will need additional processing and more time-frame and handed over a white slip.

Me: Sir, any estimates?

VO: Sorry, that's all the info we can provide at this time.

Guys, i don't know what to do now? Nobody received any email, including my client/vendor/employer, please help !

@winner21 - Client letter is absolute necessary. I know how this feels, but that's the way US consulate works. In my case, in Jan'13, at Toronto, I had a client letter which was only 2 months old + I also had a client letter which was only 4 days old. Still US consulate asked me to furnish new letter few days later. Even after I got that letter from client and sent to them, they interviewed my client manager. I was lucky as my employer, my client were very supportive and I was able to come thru this 221g mess. 

No Vinay, its not that simple man, imagine you being stuck here 1st.

Everybody smart would have thought about that before gambling.

Going to a third country for stamping is risky, that is well known.

Not very bright of you to go to a third country with limited funds...

@winner21 - Client letter is absolute necessary. I know how this feels, but that's the way US consulate works. In my case, in Jan'13, at Toronto, I had a client letter which was only 2 months old + I also had a client letter which was only 4 days old. Still US consulate asked me to furnish new letter few days later. Even after I got that letter from client and sent to them, they interviewed my client manager. I was lucky as my employer, my client were very supportive and I was able to come thru this 221g mess. 

Can you elaborate "INTERVIEWED my Client Manager" ==> Who drove to whose place? Telephonic ? Skype? What all drama occured? 

Toronto US consulate officer called my client manager (IT Director) - his contact info was written on client letter and asked few questions about me and my job etc. My client manager responded carefully to each question. Officer asked him if she could call him again if needed. Of course said my manager. Then only they approved my visa.

Toronto US consulate officer called my client manager (IT Director) - his contact info was written on client letter and asked few questions about me and my job etc. My client manager responded carefully to each question. Officer asked him if she could call him again if needed. Of course said my manager. Then only they approved my visa.

What all requests did you have to do with your IT director off the record? As in making her say what u want her to say? U know what i mean...!

What all requests did you have to do with your IT director off the record? As in making her say what u want her to say? U know what i mean...!

For your information, my IT director is a guy. And no requests were made. He was well aware of these issues as he had full time H-1b employees in his organization. I hope the best for you...

Archived