I485 status??

confusedGirl

I have moved apartments and filled out the online AR-11 form at about 1:00PM today

At about 6.30PM, I received an SMS from USCIS for my I485 as: Card/ Document Production with this below message

On September 22, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. 

At about 8.15PM, I received another SMS for my I485 with status as Decision

On September 22, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. 

During this step the formal decision(approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision 

My I-140 status also changed to Post Decision Activity 
On September 22, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I am kind of freaked out on what the Decision message means... Is this approved or denied?? or did I get this status because I changed the address online?

Can someone please help me understand. Thank you.

Do not panic, everything is OK. Card Production Ordered means you are approved, and Decision means a decision has been made on your case, does not mean denied.

I am not sure if your AR-11 update would have hit the USCIS address Data base this quick , so keep an eye for your GC in mail at the old address.

Good Luck.

Thank you shandan and itsmeusa. I also spoke to my lawyer who confirmed the same.

I am a little worried about my change of address but there is no way to know whether my address change would have reflected this fast in their system. Hopefully the approval letter would get fwd through post office and when the card is issued, it would be posted to the new address.  

Yes, I called USCIS. The L1 support just read the message from the USCIS website, so they are of no use.. Support tech told me if I need to confirm address on file, I should take an info pass, but told me to wait 30 days because when card production is ordered, it could happen that our address was updated and GC would come to the new address... 

We moved apartments on Sunday, 9/21. At 1pm, I changed the address on 9/22 for both my and my spouse's 485.  According to my lawyer, my 140 was supposed to be approved by end of October and 485 sometime in November. So we just put a fwding address at USPS. But on the same day 9/22, both of our 485 got approved and in a few hrs, the I140 got approved... Everything happened so quickly that we couldn't even change anything!! :( 

Now the status has changed from Card Prod --> Decision to "Initial Review" indicating that address was changed related to I485

Should I request to speak to L2 to confirm address? What should I say to get in touch with L2?  The L1 support team is the one who picks the call every time!

What are your thoughts??? Please suggest

Thank you.

I went to my old apartment which was a condo, and since we put a fwding address with USPS, there are no mails at the old address! :( 

I am planning to go to post office tomorrow and check with them on how to handle this situation. Today morning my status changed to "Card/ Document Production" but no tracking number.  My post office is close by, so I am hoping i can go and collect the GC cards myself! Long shot but will try!! :)

My lawyers want me to wait for 30 days before raising a SR. So contemplating on how to handle the situation without making the lawyers angry.

Archived