Deported from US- 5 year ban from Entry..I am in INDIA now,

kchivukula26

Hello,

I have done my master in US and worked for 3 yrs there and got my H1 stamped in Canada.

I went to india to visit and while returning back to USA at the chicago port of entry I got deported as they found a duplicate resume and banned me from entering US for 5 Years.

I am working in India now  from one year and my company is sending me to USA on business visa to work there for 1-2 months for an important project for its client.

Will I face any issues if I attend the Visa  interview or Should I just deny the offer made by my company without trying visa interview

Please need you valueable suggestions on this.

Any attempts to enter US before 5 year ban would not be successful. But what threw me off was your statement that Chicago CBP found duplicate resume. I wonder whether CBP officer has that kind of time to check resume and stuff. I would like to request you to please enlighten us what happened? That would help many of us to understand this concept of deportation due to duplicate resume.

The OP needs to clarify exactly what happened. If he committed fraud then he will at least know from the Lawyer where he stands and eliminate future US plans if he had any. If he is making assumptions the Lawyer will set him straight. One always listens to a Lawyer than illustrious members of a forum specially where so much is at stake. Fatalism is a strange attitude to spout in a forum.

• 1 month later...

Archived