Stamping after change of status _URGENT

H1bstam2014

Hi All

i came to US on H4 and did my MS (on H4). I went twice for stamping during that time in India. After completion got a job  and changed to H1b and working since 2011 but never went for stamping. i want to go for stamping now in CANADA ( as we have travel plans). Is it ok for me to go to CANADA or should i go to INDIA only.

I remember reading in one of the answers that said India only, is that mandatory, is it mentioned anywhere in USCIS website? has everyone had a similar experience pls advise.

Note: we have travel plan to Canada, should i cancel that?

thanks in Advance.

Hi,

Going to Canada does not improve your chance of getting a visa. VO world over are trained to look for same information and flags for the category of visa you are applying. If you documentation and pay stubs are right then i dont see a reason why you will be refused a visa.

In the worst case a VO cannot reject your visa. If they have questions they will issue a 221g which you can easily answer if your documentation is right. Worst case you dont have to be stuck in a 3rd country with high living cost. Trust me i have been in the same boat. If you think you documentation is not right then better get out of your current situation and look for a different employer.

Archived