H1b stamping in India with out client letter

Rambhatla1205

Hello,

A friend of mine was in a dubious situation on stamping. She initially planned to go for Jamaica by hearing all rave reviews. Again it occurred to her  that it will be better to go for stamping in home country which in her case is India. She do work for a big client but client letter was not provided. I was told that stamping in India is a risk and Jamaica will be a safe play. I know many will say that as long as the candidate backed by good documentation, consulate location doesn't matter. But in my opinion, it does matter. Please guide whether she has to go to India or Jamaica

If India, which consulate do you prefer. Any idea if Chennai consulate have dates in November and December.

This is such a good community and you guys are doing great job :)

It is better for her to go to home country as if there is a delay in visa stamping she can spend her time with loved ones. Also, if she cannot get a client letter an email from client that a client letter will not be provided and any other proof like ID badge/card or access card will help her case.

And, out of curiosity how does consulate location matter? Do you have any data to back your statement?

Hi,

So far I'm reading this thread about which consulate is best for visa stamping. Some are saying that consulate doesn't matter, ideally that is correct but consulate does matters and wait times are different for different consulates. I guess jamiaca/calgary fever also started in this fashion only and later on people started misinterpreting it differently. I have seen so many cases in india where people had to wait even 8 months to 1 year for sure whereas in jamica and calgary those kind of cases are rarely occurred.

Archived