Travel while EAD pending approval.

vevi44

Hi ALL,

I am preparing to apply for EAD\AP extension since it (combo card) is expiring 02/06/15. Due to my father's recent health issues I may have to travel to home country anytime before I receive EAD\AP approval. In this situation I need your help to find answers to the questions below. Please advise.

1.If I travel, will USCIS deny any or both EAD and AP application? I am assuming my dependents application will not denied if they don’t travel.

2.If they deny EAD after my travel, I will apply for EAD again but since approval can take 3-4 months can I continue to work even after the current EAD has expired while new EAD application is pending?

3. Is there a way to expedite EAD approval process like in case of H1B\140 premium processing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1. After filing EAD / AP extension, you could definitely travel. USCIS don't deny EAD / AP in such cases.

2. Nope.

3. Yes, you could try to request expedite EAD / AP extension processing, but it's solely up to the USCIS officer to decide whether you qualify for that benefit.

You didn't ask this question, so here it is - if you are in India, make sure you enter US before your current AP expires.

Thank you!

itsmeusa - Good to know USCIS do not deny pending EAD\AP. Can anyone else confirm?

omshiv - I have been using AP (so on EAD) since 2012 and have already used it twice. How do I travel using H1B when my VISA expired?  I used AP because I wanted to avoid going to consulate for VISA stamping so my VISA has expired long ago.

My current AP is valid till 02/05/15. So If I travel before the new AP approval and before 02/05/15 I think I am good.

Archived