questions while filing for GC

mpalaparthi

Hello All,

I'm currenlty on H1 and I have alomst 5 yrs exp in IT. My current employer is filing for GC and he sent me the questioneer... I have few questions, mentioned below:

1) My education is non-IT background and now I working in IT, can I file GC under EB2 category?

2) After I got OPT, I was in a consultancy taking the training and havent worked really for 6 months... should I mention about this in the GC questioneer, under Previous employer section or no need?

3) when I was working on OPT, one of the consulting company I worked is not willing to give the experience letter, so I approached the client manager to give the experinece letter and he gave one, mentioning all the required details also including my consultaning company name in that letter and my manager gave it on that client company's letterhead, can I use that in GC processing?

Please advice, what to do and if any alternatives.....

Thanks

1) My education is non-IT background and now I working in IT, can I file GC under EB2 category?

2) After I got OPT, I was in a consultancy taking the training and havent worked really for 6 months... should I mention about this in the GC questioneer, under Previous employer section or no need?

3) when I was working on OPT, one of the consulting company I worked is not willing to give the experience letter, so I approached the client manager to give the experinece letter and he gave one, mentioning all the required details also including my consultaning company name in that letter and my manager gave it on that client company's letterhead, can I use that in GC processing?

1. You won't file it, your employer has to do. EB category is decided by the job requirements

2. Yes

3. I think you can.

Archived