Job Change after I140 approved with L1B visa

Sekhar_bs

Hi, 

I am on L1B visa expiring on mar 2017. My GC (EB3) is in process (Tentative approval by Dec 2014). My questions

• Can I switch job after I140 is approved? I know it is possible for H1B (read a lot of posts). Not sure about guys with L1B + I140 approved.
  • If yes, after how many months of I140 approval, can I change jobs?
  • If no, What are options to switch employers?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Under the below upcoming executive Order, Can a L1-B visa holder with I-140 approved change the employer ??

4. Modernize, improve and clarify immigrant and nonimmigrant programs to grow our economy and create jobsWho
  • U.S. businesses, foreign investors, researchers, inventors and skilled foreign workers.
What

USCIS will:

• Work with the Department of State to develop a method to allocate immigrant visas to ensure that all immigrant visas authorized by Congress are issued to eligible individuals when there is sufficient demand for such visas.
  • Work with the Department of State to modify the Visa Bulletin system to more simply and reliably make determinations of visa availability.
  • Provide clarity on adjustment portability to remove unnecessary restrictions on natural career progression and general job mobility to provide relief to workers facing lengthy adjustment delays.  
  • Clarify the standard by which a national interest waiver may be granted to foreign inventors, researchers and founders of start-up enterprises to benefit the U.S economy.
  • Authorize parole, on a case-by-case basis, to eligible inventors, researchers and founders of start-up enterprises who may not yet qualify for a national interest waiver, but who:
    • Have been awarded substantial U.S. investor financing; or
    • Otherwise hold the promise of innovation and job creation through the development of new technologies or the pursuit of cutting-edge research. 
  • Finalize a rule to provide work authorization to the spouses of certain H-1B visa holders who are on the path to lawful permanent resident status. 
  • Work with Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to develop regulations for notice and comment to expand and extend the use ofoptional practical training (OPT) for foreign students, consistent with existing law.
  • Provide clear, consolidated guidance on the meaning of “specialized knowledge” to bring greater clarity and integrity to the L-1B program, improve consistency in adjudications, and enhance companies’ confidence in the program.
When
  • Upon issuing necessary guidance and regulations.
  •  

Archived