USCIS processing time

stpr

Hi All,

I'm wondering how long USCIS takes these days for the J1 waiver. The website indicates 4 months and I am curious to know if someone share there recent experience (Vermont center).

Thanks.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a definite answer to that question. DOS sent favorable recco in my case on August 1st, USCIS receipt notice date August 21st, still waiting. See link below for Vermont processing times, unfortunately doesn't mention the I612 - http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=1016%7C8767%7C6722

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I received an email from USCIS today approving J1 waiver!

Receipt notice date was August 21st - so in my case processing time was approx 4 weeks.

Best.

Hi Veeus18,

Thanks for the reply and the link. I also checked the USCIS website and found that their processing time is 4 months. I'm wondering if someone got the waiver recently and how long did it take with USCIS.

Thank in advance

• 5 months later...

Hi ,

Do you know how long it takes for an initial case number update (J1 wiaver) to show up on the DOS site ?

I submitted my documents to the Waiver Review Division last month (Feb 12th). I have obtained my consolidated NORI letter from the local consulate (TX) a few days later. They indicated that the original letter will be sent to the Indian embassy in DC.

I do keep checking every alternate day on the DOS website with my case number but as of now there are no updates. I am aware it is early but in case someone could share a recent timeline besides of course http://chemgc205.tumblr.com/%C2'>

Thanks.

@prjbh I'm in a similar boat. I sent my documents Feb 14th to my embassy (Brazil) and the DoS. My DoS check was cashed last week and the Brazilian embassy notified me that they sent a no-objection statement to DoS, so I think things are moving. But I've been trying to check the online status and all it says is "Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case." I guess their online system isn't being updated right now.

Hello, 

After I posted my query on this forum I did magically see an update this morning on the status. My case now is updated with documents received by DOS and pending.

Awaiting NORI letter from Embassy in India. Of course I overestimated their pace.

The link on the last line of my previous posted was directed at the J1 waiver a curse..the popular blog site that is immensely helpful to people like me.

Thanks

Hello.

I applied for a J1 waiver on July. This because I am favored in DV visa lottery and need to take I 612 to my interview. I received DoS favorable recomendation on September, 2014. However, as today I have no info on my receipt number or USCIS final decision. I dont know what happened. The waiver is based on no objection. My question is if I had to file I 612 on my own directly to USCIS and pay the fee or not. And does anybody have a similar case where USCIS has more than 6 months without response?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, 

As of March 24th DOS received my Indian embassy NOS letter.

When I checked today my case status update indicates " Favorable Recommendation"

I wonder if the timeline from here onwards could take a month or so. Any timeline opinions ?

Thanks...

My timeline:

Jan 20th, 2015-  US Dept of State Favorable Recommendation.

Jan 27th, 2015-  USCIS receipt notice with case number. Online status case under consideration.

Feb 10th, 2015- USCIS case approved. Change of status online.

Feb 17th, 2015- USCIS J1 waiver approval notice delivered to my mailing address.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone for feedback on timelines associated with the process. I also received my USCIS final waiver letter. I 797 Notice on April 20th 2015. This completes the entire process.

Thanks Blahblahblog..good luck with the DOS process. I am sure it will come through for you. 

• 4 months later...

Hello, 

After I posted my query on this forum I did magically see an update this morning on the status. My case now is updated with documents received by DOS and pending.

Awaiting NORI letter from Embassy in India. Of course I overestimated their pace.

The link on the last line of my previous posted was directed at the J1 waiver a curse..the popular blog site that is immensely helpful to people like me.

Thanks

Thanks for liking my blog! I am glad it helped you with the waiver process :) All the best!

• 1 year later...

Hi  guys. 10 long months of waiting is over. J1 hardship waiver approved (favourable recommendation) by US State Department.  Ten months of checking everyday. 

USCIS received all my paper works on 24th May 2016.

Docs I-612/613 was forwarded to US State Department on 14 Oct 2016

(On January 12 did info pass because someone screwed up my date of birth in system. 4 hours drive for them to send one email that took 2 months to correct.)

US State Department received DS3035 on June 2016. 

US state Department sent for sponser views Oct 14 2016. ( I waited till December to email and find out what was taking place. Took 5 months and 4 emails for me to get no answers) 

Sponser view received on 21 March.

Favorable recommendation on 24 March 2017.

10 months of waiting. Now awaiting immigration USCIS final answer.

Yes I am a full bright by funds were 58000 for 10 months Hubert Humphrey Fellowship. 

Hope this info helps.

Screenshot_20170330-060752.png

Archived