DUI in opt - Also off the project.

crossfaith

Hi

I recently got arrested for DUI and im on my opt. Currently i m looking for a job on my opt as im off the previous project.

My court date is yet to come and i am worried whether i can get a job when my case is still pending(with dui and suspended license). I have to apply for my opt extension as well in this year. Please let me know the possibilities of getting the job when the case is still pending. 

Please please some do reply to my questions. Your answer would atleast revive me a little bit. 

You should not have any problems getting an OPT extensions or H1 B visa witn DUI on your record. Just make sure, you dont have more 90 day unemployment rule. 

Court doesn't check if, you have a job or not. All it does is it will check, if u are guilty of DUI and sentence you.

I have a class A misdemeanor on my record, and I am through OPT extensions and H1 B visa

Thank you. 

How did you pass through the back ground checks conducted by the clients ? I am most worried about it - when they conduct BG check the records will appear with my arrest . So - what are the chances for getting a job ? Should i forgot getting a job :( :(

Should we really take guilty ? I heard taking guilty will fetches more problems than a peaceful solution it seems. Is it true ? 

And how about H1B - did the VO asked  about the arrest ? If so how to deal with him ?

Please kindly reply.   

Thank you. 

How did you pass through the back ground checks conducted by the clients ? I am most worried about it - when they conduct BG check the records will appear with my arrest . So - what are the chances for getting a job ? Should i forgot getting a job :( :(

Should we really take guilty ? I heard taking guilty will fetches more problems than a peaceful solution it seems. Is it true ? 

And how about H1B - did the VO asked  about the arrest ? If so how to deal with him ?

Please kindly reply.   

For a very long time, I was and I am still worried about background checks... 

It really depends upon the employer and if they do background checks at all. Some do and Some Don't.

So good luck my friend...

• 2 weeks later...

BG checks will show your DUI, no doubt in it. One of my friend was in this situation but lucky he got that job. So it depends on that hiring company's HR policy.

Thank you Rahul412. I have 1 more question. I would really feel happy if you could answer this for me.

Can we do double masters  - in case of not getting H1B in the first and second attempts ?? 

Are there any universities which could give admissions with this sought of record on criminal history ? Please do find about it if possible. Thanks in advance. 

For a very long time, I was and I am still worried about background checks... 

It really depends upon the employer and if they do background checks at all. Some do and Some Don't.

So good luck my friend...

Thank you. 

How did you handle H1B stamping ? What did the VO asked you ? 

What in case if don't get H1B in  2 attempts ? Are there any Univs which can give admission with the dui record in usa?

Please guide me with your answers. Thank you in advance.

Archived