Urgent-L1 extension question

Haripavank

Hi law firm Team,

I work for a US based company, with offshore operations in India.

While filling out the current L1-A visa extension documentation, I see that "details about my earlier visa extension is asked in the form".

To be specific, the question reads as  "If you have ever overstayed your Visa/I-94"?

I need your help to fill this out as I think I am confused what to answer.

Please go through points below and respond to my question based on it.

Arrived in USA on L-1 B work visa on April 30 2011 with Visa and I-94 valid till 29-SEP-2012

As part of the visa extension process, a extension request and Change of status to L1-A was  filed by MY COMPANY in SEP 2012 before visa expired.

I continued to work after 29-SEP-2012, based on my visa extension request filed by MY COMPANY.

Few weeks later we received RFE and MY COMPANY responded to USCIS with more documentation provided by me and prepared by company.

Finally, I received my visa extension on APRIL 10th 2013, extended and valid till 29-SEP-2014.

My question is, the period between 29-SEP-2012 TILL 10-APR-2013, is it called as "overstaying my Visa/I-94" ?

Should I mention as "Yes" for that question in the new documentation that I am filling out for current visa extension?

Kindly let me know, and thanks for your consideration to respond to my query.

Thanks,

Deepika Karangula

M:************

Archived