Does two years on H4(previous H1b) resets your H1 clock

metarun

If someone works on H1b for 2.5 years and then change to H4 for two years and then switch back to H1B. 

How much time on H1b, do you think they have ?

My attorney told me that two years on H4 resets the clock back to six years but I wanted to confirm with you guys.

Thanks

If someone works on H1b for 2.5 years and then change to H4 for two years and then switch back to H1B. 

My attorney told me that two years on H4 resets the clock back to six years but I wanted to confirm with you guys.

Thanks

Only if you have stayed outside US for one year and after that a cap subject H1B petition was filed you get 6 years. Your clock is not reset. In your case you are eligible for 3.5 years. Change your attorney if possible.

Thanks

To reset the clock, you need to be outside the US for one full year.

Thanks

In that case the clock does NOT reset.

The clock only resets if the person is ABROAD for a year and then gets a new H1 under the quota.

Find a better lawyer. The one you have is in the wrong profession. This is very basic stuff, and any decent immigration lawyer should know that.

Archived