H1b- Administrative Processing

dratluri79

I am working in a University from last five years on J1 visa. I have my H1b approved from the university (no cap). I came to India on one month vacation and went for H1b stamping in U.S consulate, Hyderabad on 24th July 2014. The visa officer verified all the documents and informed me that I have all the necessary documents and my application has to go through some administrative processing which may take couple of weeks and you submit a reply to questionnaire by email, after that you will receive an email or phone call and then submit your passport for visa stamping. I have submitted the completed questionnaire with supporting documents on 26th July 2014. I am checking the status if my application online. It was last time updated on July 24th. It is still showing "Administrative Processing". I am worried a lot. I had to cancel my return tickets and extended my leave. Is anyone in the same situation? Any idea how long this can take? I read it online that some visa delays due to the USCIS database glitch on July month. Please share if anyone in the same situation.

r u working on research related things in university ? it is probably for security clearance. it is going to take anywhere between 4-6 week.

Visa glitch issue is already resolved and people are getting their visa stamped immediately...

I have seen people who are working in university always go through admin processing ..... do not worry you will get it .....

When i was in Matamoros Mexico Aug 1 st week i heard that there was guy like you came to Matamoros working with a university reaserch group and Consulate sent him back to US saying they cannot take his case as it would require Adminitrative Processing and they already have backlog on that line. Clearly dont' have any choice but waiting and No other worries just like others said. You made right choice to go to home country. Any way just sharing what i heard but did not meet the guy in person. Sounds like any body reserching would need some kind of special processing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DrAtluri79,

I have a PhD in Chemical Biology and went for stamping on Aug 25. Just as your case, they gave me white slip for further admin processing because of my advanced degree. I responded to the questionnaire on the same day and am waiting for the clearance. It is sad that you had to wait for 8 weeks and there is no update yet.

These cases usually clear within 4-5 weeks. Unless there needs to be further checking, which is very rare. It would be good to know from people who got clearance for the TAL cases after interview in Hyderabad as a reference. Each case is unique, but it would be good to know the approx time frame.

I hope you hear good news soon. This could get frustrating very soon..

Dr.Atluri, It is disheartening to know that you are still waiting for 9 weeks with no updates. Hope you hear good news this week. This also makes me worry that I might also have to wait more to get my clearance. I am into 6th week now.

We have a small group of people here discussing developments

http://www.********.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/1451532541/visa-stamping-221-g/page/last_page

Please join us there if possible, and please let us know when you hear something. Any information will help people stranded here.

Hi Senapathy, No luck for me in this week as well. According to them, each case is different. So, I wish you should get it much earlier than 9 weeks. I am also following that website but in different discussion. Please find here:

http://www.********.com/usa-discussion-forums/h1b/1187882405/visa-approved-but-ceac-says-administration-processing/page/7

Here you can find more people like us (Under Administrative Processing) and their experiences. Keep me posted about your update as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am in a same boat as was Dr Atluri. I was working as J1 research scholar in an University in virology field. After completion of my J1 program I return back to India, unfortunately I could not received waiver when I was in US. After 4 months I received J1 waiver then my University again filed H1B visa (no cap). I and my wife appeared for H1B visa interview in US embassy, New Delhi on 4th September 2014. Interview went smooth and they kept our passport and given me white slip and told me your case need additional processing. I sent all the required documents by email on 6th September 2014 but 9 weeks has passed and still on CEAC website it shows your case is under additional processing. Any idea how long I have to wait .

My previous experience with J1 visa it took me about 10 wks first time and 2 wks 2nd time when applied for renewal of J1 visa.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I am working in a University from last five years on J1 visa. I have my H1b approved from the university (no cap). I came to India on one month vacation and went for H1b stamping in U.S consulate, Hyderabad on 24th July 2014. The visa officer verified all the documents and informed me that I have all the necessary documents and my application has to go through some administrative processing which may take couple of weeks and you submit a reply to questionnaire by email, after that you will receive an email or phone call and then submit your passport for visa stamping. I have submitted the completed questionnaire with supporting documents on 26th July 2014. I am checking the status if my application online. It was last time updated on July 24th. It is still showing "Administrative Processing". I am worried a lot. I had to cancel my return tickets and extended my leave. Is anyone in the same situation? Any idea how long this can take? I read it online that some visa delays due to the USCIS database glitch on July month. Please share if anyone in the same situation.

HI Dr. Atluri,

Did you get your visa stamped, can you let me know when did you get your visa stamped? I am in the same boat and just worried about my job. 

Archived