Guidance Required for H1 B Visa Stamping in Chennai India

Ajith Reddy

Hi, I am Ajith, My H1 B Visa Is approved for this Year 2014-15. Currently i have I -797B document handy. Apart from that i don't have any document with me for time being.

I am planning to go for Visa stamping in Chennai. So can anyone of you please guide me what are all the checklist should i carry with me.

Also should i carry client letter/SOW with me during stamping. Requesting one of you to please provide the necessary info on the same. Thank you!

Hi Ajith,

I am also in the process of getting my H1B extension. Once it is approved, I am planning to go for Stamping in Chennai.

Is this your first H1B stamp?

As for me, I have had my H1B stamp from Canada, once before.

According to my limited research, if we have a client letter (and all other correct necessary documents) it is going smoothly in India.

Will keep you posted if I have any more details.

Anyone else have any knowledge about H1B Stamping in India?

Hi Karthik, Thanks so much for your reply. yes its my first Visa stamping for Us and infact my first visa stamping.

Do you think will they ask "statement of work"  apart from the client letter, If you have the list of docs that needs to be carriedng during stamping, can u pls share it to me. Or Requesting you to please email me to :" ajithkarnati@gmail.com"

Thank you Karthik.

Yes Rahul. I ll be working in the client location. I came to know few clients wont provide client letter for their employes ex state street, wallmart etc. Apart from Client letter do u think anything else required. If yes can you please let me know.

You need the letter from that client which was mentioned in your H1 petition.

Archived