Passport renewal documentation in USA

pyerragunta

Hello

I'm planning to apply for a passport renewal in USA and have few questions.

My permanent address is NC, but live in NJ for work and have a NJ state drivers license, and I intend to have my permanent address on my new passport.

Document checklist has a "proof of residence" document on the list and asks for either drivers license or utilities bill or home mortgage bill under applicant's name.

Is there any mandatory that the proof of residence document verify the permanent address or the NJ driver license will be accepted as proof of residence?

Thanks!

Hello

I'm planning to apply for a passport renewal in USA and have few questions.

My permanent address is NC, but live in NJ for work and have a NJ state drivers license, and I intend to have my permanent address on my new passport.

Document checklist has a "proof of residence" document on the list and asks for either drivers license or utilities bill or home mortgage bill under applicant's name.

Is there any mandatory that the proof of residence document verify the permanent address or the NJ driver license will be accepted as proof of residence?

Thanks!

Passport is issued ONLY for the citizens, if you are citizen of that country then you should have some address where you will be staying when you visit that country.

Archived