H4 Visa interview appointment - which I-797 applies

frisbie_2000

Hi,

I came to US on H4 and then got my H1B approved and worked for an year on my H1B and then changed my status to H4.

I filed I-539 for change of status from H1B to H4 and it got approved. So I've my I-797 notice of approval for my H4

My spouse has I-797 notice of approval for H1

I'm planning to visit India and so trying to schedule an appointment for my H4 visa interview.

As you know, while scheduling an appointment on ustraveldocs, I need to answer the following questions:

Principle Applicant's Name: * : <<here i need to put my spouse name correct >>
Principle Applicant's Visa Class: * : << here i need to put my spouse visa class i.e. H1 correct? >>

Petitioner's Name: * : << here i need to put my spouse's petitioner name correct? >> 
Start Date: * : 
Receipt Number: * 
Expiration Date: *

I'm trying to answer the above questions i.e. Petitioner's Name, Start Date, Receipt Number and Expiration Date. So Which petition applies to my H4 visa interview? 
is it my approved I-539 petition (H4 I-797 ) or is it my spouse's I-129 petition (H1 I-797)

Please help me on this.

Hi,

First of all, thank you so much for providing your inputs on this.  I think I understand it now.

However one additional question: 

Does my Spouse's H1 (I-797) applies to my H4 visa interview, irrespective of whether I have a valid I-797 (based on my H4 i.e. 539 application)?

Also, I'm eligible for dropbox/IWP option.  Should I just provide my spouse I-797?

Because, based on one of my friends drop box experience, some drop box locations only accept passport and I-797.  They do not accept any other documents even if you insist to give them client letter and other supporting documents.

I apologize if I'm troubling you with lot of questions in response to  your inputs.

Thank you once again.

Archived