Request for Evidence - Effect of Change of Address

gita.magani

My priority date was current in July 2014 Visa bulletin. On USCIS website my status was still biometric update from 2012.

Nothing changed with my status on USCIS website nor did I receive any RFE until July first week, so I called USCIS on July 11 and opened a Service ticket, they asked me to wait 14 days to call back. On Jul 24th when I called them back about status of the Service ticket they mentioned that "an RFE for my case was sent on May 17, 2014 to my old address" and they said " A request has been made for a courtesy copy of the RFE to be re-mailed to my new address. You should receive the notice within 30 days". When I called USCIS they asked me to wait till Aug 25th and call them back.

I received another letter from USCIS on Aug 18th, which is dated Aug 8th, 2014 saying "As a courtesy, we will re-mail your RFE. Please allow 30 days for delivery. Now, does it mean I should wait till Sep 8th ?

I haven't received any RFE yet. Unfortunately I was not aware of this address issue, so didn't call USCIS immediately and waited till July so I can call and follow up. Did I wait too long contacting USCIS ?

My question is does USCIS give me more time, due to address issue or did I already run out of the 33-87 days response time, because Original RFE was sent on May 17th, which I never received due to address change.

Please provide your input, as I am confused about the situation.

Thanks,

Gita

Archived