Kids under 2 (US citizens)are allowed in Jamaica during interview? Please help

14star

Hi All,

This is my first ever post in this forum.

I have read alot and would like to extend my special thanks to Advance members (jairichi , rahul412) for their precious time and valuable posts. They have been really helpful in all cases so far.

I am planning to visit India in Sept or Oct.

All my friends went to Jamaica for stamping and they are advising me to do the same.

They are suggesting me to go alone, get my stamping done and have my spouse stamping done at Hyderabad.

After reading numerous posts from our respected Advance members, I came to a conclusion that wherever you go, have your paper work in tact, be confident and you will succeed.

With that being said , I want to take my spouse along with me wherever I go. Hearing Jamaica is turning good for everyone so far , I thought of going there and trying my luck.

I am open to go anywhere otherwise.

I have 3 options running in my mind and I am a bit confused.

Option 1 – My home town ( Hyderabad)

Option 2 – Near by place in my home country ( Chennai)

Option 3 – Jamaica

Hyderabad – chances are fine, but they are giving white slips for admin processing. There is no time-frame for admin process ( ofcourse, it depends from case to case). This is just a trend I have seen.

Chennai – chances are pretty good.They are giving blue slips , but visa is issued after a month in most cases

Jamaica – 99% success rate. All my colleagues are going there and none had any issues so far. Visa is issued with in 2 days or 5 days.

Please help in answering my query and provide your valuable feedback. Appreciate your time and timely response.

I have never been to jamaica for stamping but i have been to mexico two times for stamping. In 2007 i took one child 5 year old Us citizen inside with no issues.

Then this month August 2014 i took two children both us citizens 31/2 and 12 to mexico consulate no issues several times and every time i went to the consulate total of at least 5 - 6 times. Didn't even ask if they were citizens. Also We met another family with a infant child with a small diaper back pack and sippy cup with milk inside mexico consulate. Keep in mind if you take milk/infant food they will ask you take sip as it is part of security check.

Any way i cannot imagine any US consulate that would deny an infant US citizen inside. If they do here is what i would tell them - " This child is a US citizen and has right to enter the Consulate" or even better Go to other side of consulate and find the US citizen only entrance and file a complaint that they would not allow your child to be carried with you".

That Said - I never took children to chennai consulate though... cannot comment on that.

I went to Jamica on augt 4 th for stamping, on that day , I have seen a family who came for visa, he brought his wife and kid too, if the kid is under 4 yrs of age you will have special line and this all the things will be completed in just 1 hr. only thing is littile expensive , if you have good paper work and all documents then you will defenetly get the visa.

Thank you very much LPM and rkunnath1985 for your prompt replies. I really appreciate it.

@LPM - where in Mexico please?

@rkunnath1985 - I know this may be a weird question. Was that kid a US citizen if you came to know by any chance?

I understand it would be very expensive to take family there, but for peace of mind and well-planned vacation, I may end up spending $$$ to get the visa.

Both times Matamoros Mexico. Brownsville Tx border. 350 Miles from Houston Tx.

Not to mention that Matamoros consulate has a play area with table puzzles and play area that looked like would be better fit for infants /toddlers to play to the left side of the inteview hall right across the exit gate. This would indicate they welcome children.

Also Mr. Salvador while driving also showed us that next year Matamaros consulate will be here with new building, they are starting to build now.

See this for more info - http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/79365-h1bh4-renewal-stamping-matamoros-august-2014/

Archived