USCIS Background check

I was arrested and not charged in the state of California and I want to come back to India for my H1B stamping.  My lawyer told me my case would fall under CA 851.6 and it will be called a detention and not an arrest. My police records from FBI are clean and there is nothing on it, I did a live scan and obtained my FBI report.

My question is where does the USCIS and CBP  at the port of entry pull their information from? DOJ and FBI are the two obvious sources, are there any other sources as well?  I am not sure what to list in DS-160 because there is no record of me and I am not sure if I should list a citation as an arrest.

• 4 weeks later...

I was arrested and not charged in the state of California and I want to come back to India for my H1B stamping.  My lawyer told me my case would fall under CA 851.6 and it will be called a detention and not an arrest. My police records from FBI are clean and there is nothing on it, I did a live scan and obtained my FBI report.

My question is where does the USCIS and CBP  at the port of entry pull their information from? DOJ and FBI are the two obvious sources, are there any other sources as well?  I am not sure what to list in DS-160 because there is no record of me and I am not sure if I should list a citation as an arrest.

no one knows..

• 10 months later...

Archived