H1B -> EB1-3 GC : Does employer switch impact eligibility?

Kiran_B

Hi All,

I have 12 years of total work experience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First 6.5 years I worked in Company-A in India.
-Made two visits (each of them for an year approx) on L1-B Visa in 2005 and 2007 ;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joined Company-B in India in Jan-2009.
- Visited US for 3 months in 2009 first quarter in B-1 Visa ;
- Worked as a Project Manager from  Nov-2010 - Apr-2012 in India.

- Came to US for the same client in May-2012 in L1-B Visa and worked until Dec-2013 ;

(Went for a vacation to India in Nov-2012 and worked from home in India for two months and came back to US in Jan 2013 - this is my recent trip to India)

Converted from L1-B Visa to H1-B and joined Company-C(Consulting Firm) in US in Dec-2013
-Last seven months working as a Contractor to Company-B through Company-C

(I am currently with the Company-C)

Now Company-B is willing to offer me a full time position in US.
(Managerial position is offered)

I have the following questions:

1. Am I eligible for Green Card under EB1-3 category through Company-B?
(they informed me that they will process my GC after one year in applicable category)

2. The work experience as a Manager (2010 - 2012) in Company-B before coming to US is sufficient for the EB1-3 category?

3. Does the Employer switch (Dec-2013 to Jul-2014) impact the eligibility of GC filing in EB1-3 category through Company-B?

It will be great if any of the senior members answer the above questions as they help me to decide my decision on the current offer.

Thanks in advance,

Rgds,
Kiran

• 2 weeks later...

Archived