Visiting Visa Extension for the Second Time

rb0306

Hello All,

My mother came here on Visiting visa for 6 months. After she came here, she has to go for a critical Ankle Surgery. We already extended her visa for 6 more months because of the Surgery. In the recent Doctor appointment, Doctor told she need to stay here for 3 more months after her current visa expiry date and they provided a letter addressing USCIS requesting 3 months visa extension for the Medical reason.

To extend her visa, do I need to fill the same Application form I539? Or is there a separate procedure to extend the Visa for Medical Reason?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ravi

Hello All,

My mother came here on Visiting visa for 6 months. After she came here, she has to go for a critical Ankle Surgery. We already extended her visa for 6 more months because of the Surgery. In the recent Doctor appointment, Doctor told she need to stay here for 3 more months after her current visa expiry date and they provided a letter addressing USCIS requesting 3 months visa extension for the Medical reason.

To extend her visa, do I need to fill the same Application form I539? Or is there a separate procedure to extend the Visa for Medical Reason?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Ravi

Same procedure.

All,

Thank you very much for your replies. She can not travel and also she need to be under constant monitoring until they remove Metal fixators off her leg. It is Major surgery and I paid all the Expenses out of my Packet, it is also mentioned in the Doctor letter, proving that we are not using Tax Payers Money.

The Surgery is for Limb Lengthening / Deformity correction, without which she barely able to walk. Without getting into much details, it happened to her recently. For the first 6 months, it is every day 1 mm correction, and now  new corrected bone need to get strong enough to remove metal fixators.

Even though we have a valid reason, when she comes after 1 year for visiting / and followup Appointment, will that be a Problem because of this Extension?

Thank you once again for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Ravi

Archived