Eb3 To Eb2 With Same Employer After Completing Masters

jasmina

I have an approved I-140 from a previous employer. Then I joined my current employer and I had 12 years of experience then.

While I was working with my current employer, I started my Masters program. It is an online Masters program from a reputed university.I will be completing it by Jan 2015.

My current employer has not filed my GC yet as they have a 2 year policy and I will be eligible to have my GC filed in Feb 2015.

My employer did not pay for any expense/fees for my Masters program. And the job for which I had joined my current employer 1.5 years ago did mention BS or MS + 5 years of experience.

In this situation, will my current employer be able to apply for GC in EB2 category?

Please advise.

The job requirements determine the category. You could have a PhD, if the job only requires a bachelor degree, it would still be in EB3.

Your current job would only qualify for EB3.

The only way the employer could file an EB2 case would be for a new job that is at least 50% different than your current job and requires an advanced degree.

Thanks Rahul.

The intent of my question was to find out if my Masters will be considered in order to file in EB2 category. The minimum requirements do look like a EB2 category and experience is not a problem for me.

The only thing is that my Masters will be completed while I am working with my current employer.

But the employer has not paid a single expense for the Masters program.

So will this degree be considered while filing my GC.

Regards,

Sonali

Archived