Passport validity to enter USA

wizardsraj

Hi,

I work on H1B in USA and I recently changed job here and haven't been to India from the time I changed. I am planning to travel to India on Aug10th 2014 and my passport validity is till Feb15th 2014. Once my stamping is done and after my vacation I am planning to return back to US on Sept 15th. Will there be any problem while entering US as the validity of my passport is less than 6 months?

Thanks

Rajneesh

Hi,

I work on H1B in USA and I recently changed job here and haven't been to India from the time I changed. I am planning to travel to India on Aug10th 2014 and my passport validity is till Feb15th 2014. Once my stamping is done and after my vacation I am planning to return back to US on Sept 15th. Will there be any problem while entering US as the validity of my passport is less than 6 months?

Thanks

Rajneesh

No issue at all.

It is advised to have a passport with minimum of 6 months validity while arriving. Also there is a chance your I-94 might be issued till your passport validity even if your visa is valid beyond your passport expiry.

You are partially correct. I94 is issued based on passport expiry in this case. But, there is no need to have minimum 6 months validity for passport to enter US. I have traveled with less than 3 months validity in 2011.

Archived