Job movement on H-1B, approved EAD pending I485, different role and responsibilities

coolguy42

I have got a new offer from a top company with higher salary but different role than the one filed with PERM (same location). I have my EAD and pending 485 ( EB2, Priority Date - Aug 09) but planning to transfer H-1B to the new company. The Perm was filed under the Occupation Title Computer Software Engineers, Applications with Job Title Senior Configuration and Release Engineer (responsibilities include building and maintaining build environments, managing source control, provide technical solutions to improve software release process, etc) and the new role is Senior Quality Assurance Engineer - White box testing (responsibilities include writing code to test API's, create test cases, etc). The O*Net code for both the roles are different but they both are related to Computer Science field and wanted to find out whether it will be an issue with green card. I'm working with Immigration attorney but wanted to find out if anyone has gone through a similar scenario.

Archived