Getting an IT job with single DUI ( H1 just got approved )

owvi

Hi all,

I got a owvi ( equivalent to DWI ) in January 2009, I was arrested and paid $600 in court and the case was over. Since I am in India right now, I applied H1 through a consultant in the US and it was approved few days back. 

Please let me know whether it is easy to find a software job with a single DUI, so that I will plan my travel to the US after October this year. 

Because of this single DUI, I'm in a dilemma whether to travel to the US or continue working in India. I know that if I don't travel to the US, I'm gonna waste a visa which would be useful to some other guy , who was desperately looking for it, but it was not selected in lottery.

Note: After my dui conviction in 2009, I got L1 successfully stamped and worked in the US 3 years.

Hi all,

I got a owvi ( equivalent to DWI ) in January 2009, I was arrested and paid $600 in court and the case was over. Since I am in India right now, I applied H1 through a consultant in the US and it was approved few days back. 

Please let me know whether it is easy to find a software job with a single DUI, so that I will plan my travel to the US after October this year. 

Because of this single DUI, I'm in a dilemma whether to travel to the US or continue working in India. I know that if I don't travel to the US, I'm gonna waste a visa which would be useful to some other guy , who was desperately looking for it, but it was not selected in lottery.

Note: After my dui conviction in 2009, I got L1 successfully stamped and worked in the US 3 years.

Hmm, you HAVE a job, with the employer who filed the H1 for you.

It is the employer's task to find a project for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived