H1B Approved traveled on OPT

vijayamalli

Hi,

I am on OPT extension till October 31st 2014 with valid F1 Visa. My H1B was approved on Apr 29th and start date is October 1st, 2014. I left to India on May 2nd, 2014 and came back on May 26th, 2014. The I-94 number associated with H1B and I-94 that I got when entered in USA on May 26th, 2014 are different. My current I-94 is valid until D/S (Duration of status). Will my current I-94 expire once H1B gets started? If so, Do I have to go out of the country to update my I-94 (Going to Canada and get my H1B stamped) or Do I have to file any amendment ormy previous I-94 associated with H1B will become active automatically ? Please advise.

Thank you,

Vijay

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am on OPT extension till October 31st 2014 with valid F1 Visa. My H1B was approved on Apr 29th and start date is October 1st, 2014. I left to India on May 2nd, 2014 and came back on May 26th, 2014. The I-94 number associated with H1B and I-94 that I got when entered in USA on May 26th, 2014 are different. My current I-94 is valid until D/S (Duration of status). Will my current I-94 expire once H1B gets started? If so, Do I have to go out of the country to update my I-94 (Going to Canada and get my H1B stamped) or Do I have to file any amendment ormy previous I-94 associated with H1B will become active automatically ? Please advise.

Thank you,

Vijay

Hi ,

I was in the same situation i talked with *************** law firm they said that there is no need to amend or anything from oct 1 it will automatically change to H1B 

Archived