H1B stamping in Hyderabad : dropbox, VAC and interview

Sudhasekhar

Hi,

I am in the U.S. but am travelling to India, so want to get the stamping done in Hyderabad. I have the NEFT payment confirmation, I have the receipt number. When I log into my profile, I see the 'DropBox Confirmation' page.

I am not able to see the link to schedule the appointments for, Visa Application Center(VAC) and the consulate interview. How many days will it usually take for me to see the link to schedule the appointments ?

The confusion is that it says the VAC appointment is for finger printing. Is dropbox done at the time of finger printing ? Are they done in the same appointment ?

The DropBox Confirmation page lists a set of documents, so are these documents to be submitted at the VAC appointment ? Or is the dropbox to be done before I go for finger printing ? because the list of documents given on Dropbox Confirmation page are different from the list of documents needed for VAC appointment.

Or is it that dropbox is instead of the consulate interview and VAC comes before that ?

Please advise !

thanks

Sekhar

Hi,

I am in the U.S. but am travelling to India, so want to get the stamping done in Hyderabad. I have the NEFT payment confirmation, I have the receipt number. When I log into my profile, I see the 'DropBox Confirmation' page.

I am not able to see the link to schedule the appointments for, Visa Application Center(VAC) and the consulate interview. How many days will it usually take for me to see the link to schedule the appointments ?

The confusion is that it says the VAC appointment is for finger printing. Is dropbox done at the time of finger printing ? Are they done in the same appointment ?

The DropBox Confirmation page lists a set of documents, so are these documents to be submitted at the VAC appointment ? Or is the dropbox to be done before I go for finger printing ? because the list of documents given on Dropbox Confirmation page are different from the list of documents needed for VAC appointment.

Or is it that dropbox is instead of the consulate interview and VAC comes before that ?

Please advise !

thanks

Sekhar

Looks like you opted for dropbox without knowing anything about it. Schedule and go for your finger printing, carry all documents mentioned. There is no visa interview.

Looks like you opted for dropbox without knowing anything about it. Schedule and go for your finger printing, carry all documents mentioned. There is no visa interview.

No, I did read all about the DropBox and I do qualify for it.  For me to schedule any of the appointments, the link does not appear even if my profile shows the DropbBox Confirmation page with successful NEFT payment receipt. I understand that the DropbBox is instead of the visa interview. So how long before I see the link(s) to schedule my appointments ?

No, I did read all about the DropBox and I do qualify for it.  For me to schedule any of the appointments, the link does not appear even if my profile shows the DropbBox Confirmation page with successful NEFT payment receipt. I understand that the DropbBox is instead of the visa interview. So how long before I see the link(s) to schedule my appointments ?

When you go for finger printing drop off all required documents. If your visa is approved you will get your passport and documents back which will be intimated by an email to you

When you go for finger printing drop off all required documents. If your visa is approved you will get your passport and documents back which will be intimated by an email to you

Sorry but this is from the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp :

Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu. This will start the process for scheduling your appointment.

• You must schedule two appointments, one for the Visa Application Center (VAC) and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
  • First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
  • Second, schedule your appointment at an Visa Application Centre. This appointment will allow you to go to one of the five Visa Application Centre locations to have your fingerprints and photo taken. This appointment must be at least 1 day before your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.

So FingerPrinting does not seem to be the dropoff/Dropbox appointment !

Anyway I was asking about the link to book appointments ?

Sorry but this is from the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp :

Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu. This will start the process for scheduling your appointment.

• You must schedule two appointments, one for the Visa Application Center (VAC) and one for the visa interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
  • First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.
  • Second, schedule your appointment at an Visa Application Centre. This appointment will allow you to go to one of the five Visa Application Centre locations to have your fingerprints and photo taken. This appointment must be at least 1 day before your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.

So FingerPrinting does not seem to be the dropoff/Dropbox appointment !

Anyway I was asking about the link to book appointments ?

This is from UStraveldocs website.

If you meet the requirements for interview waiver:

• Schedule an appointment at one of our Visa Application Centers where your fingerprints and photo will be taken.
  • Your current passport
  • Your current or most recent visa
  • Supporting documentation in original and one photocopy required for your visa type
  • Children applying through IWP or drop-box should submit photocopies of their parents’ visas and one photograph taken within the last six months (conforming to the guidelines on this webpage). Note: Children under 14 years of age are not required to attend the appointment at the Visa Application Centre. Accompany/Guardians/Parents should carry the above documents.

If you qualify for drop-box submission, you will receive a drop-box submission letter containing a document checklist. Print two copies of the drop-box submission letter. Drop off your passport along with the listed documents mentioned on the submission letter at one of the 11 service centers.

• Your current passport
  • Your current or most recent visa
  • One copy of the drop-box letter
  • One photograph taken within the last six months (conforming to the guidelines on this webpage). In the vast majority of cases, YOU MAY NOT SUBMIT THE SAME PHOTOGRAPH THAT APPEARED ON YOUR LAST VISA. Failure to submit a valid photograph will delay the processing of your case.
  • Supporting documentation in original and one photo copy required for your visa type
  • Children applying through IWP or drop-box should submit photocopies of their parents’ visas.

Step 4

Deliver your documents for IWP at one of our Visa Application Centers or drop-box visa application to a Team Stanley Office. Bring the second copy of your document checklist with you. A Team Stanley employee will review your document checklist before accepting your application for delivery to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Note: Failure to submit the above documents as per criteria will delay the processing of your case.

Step 5

If additional information is needed to complete processing of your case, you will be informed by email. If your application is approved, your passport and visa will be delivered for pickup to your selected Document Collection center you specified when you scheduled your interview. Details on passport delivery are available on this webpage.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived