H1B-I94-I797

RACHAT

Good evevening Gentlemen/ Attorneys,

I have a valid H1B visa until Jul 31st 2014 and have an H1B extension approval until April 05th 2015.

My H1B extension has been filed on March 13th 2014 and same has been approved on April 17th 2014.

During my processing period I visited India for a month vacation (March 21st 2014 to April 21st 2014). During my arrival I unaware my Visa extension has been approved. I have checked the status before started travel from India, it was under process during the time in the website.

But it has been approved and i got a physical I-797 on April 18th 2014, that i came to know once i reached home on April 21st, 2014.

But at port of entry I got date to stay at USA until Jul31st, 2014, through I-94 automated process.

Could you please analyze this scenario and let me know the possible options in USA to modify my I-94 dates to go to any USCIS office.

Or i need to go to another country Canada (VISA needed) or Jamaica ( no Visa required) and comeback to USA with new I-94 status.

Or I can stay until April 05th 2015 ?

Thanks in Advance

Good evevening Gentlemen/ Attorneys,

I have a valid H1B visa until Jul 31st 2014 and have an H1B extension approval until April 05th 2015.

My H1B extension has been filed on March 13th 2014 and same has been approved on April 17th 2014.

During my processing period I visited India for a month vacation (March 21st 2014 to April 21st 2014). During my arrival I unaware my Visa extension has been approved. I have checked the status before started travel from India, it was under process during the time in the website.

But it has been approved and i got a physical I-797 on April 18th 2014, that i came to know once i reached home on April 21st, 2014.

But at port of entry I got date to stay at USA until Jul31st, 2014, through I-94 automated process.

Could you please analyze this scenario and let me know the possible options in USA to modify my I-94 dates to go to any USCIS office.

Or i need to go to another country Canada (VISA needed) or Jamaica ( no Visa required) and comeback to USA with new I-94 status.

Or I can stay until April 05th 2015 ?

Thanks in Advance

Cross the border and enter with a valid H1B visa and I797.

• 4 weeks later...

I wnet to Jamaica and back JFK Newyork. At JFK airport, US Immigration officer again updated the old I-94 date(July 31, 2014). However officer confirmed my extension has been approved and I can stay until April 5th 2015 after checking his system. I also showed my I-797 documents to update I-94 with new dates, officer said, that’s not required you can stay until April 5th 2015. Again I double checked with him about my DMV and officer confirmed to obtain a Drivers license from DMV my new I-797 documents are sufficient.

Otherthan I797 i dont have any proof to stay after July 31st 2014, I might get my DL from DMV.....Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

@ RACHAT - I have similar situation,

My 1st H1B Expires on 31st July,14 and

when I enter USA on 9th June -- CBP gave me I-94 valid till 31st July,14.

She expained, "If your latest H1B Starts within 10 days then We can give you I-94 till your passport expires. But now we can only give you I-94 till your current H1B expiration date"

- Why you checked about Drivers License at POE ?

- Why proof of stay after 31st July needed to get your I-94 renew?

Thanks,

Archived