Passport renewal - expiring in June

stalwart24

I am on H1B visa and have no H1B visa stamping on my passport. My student visa stamp has expired and since then haven't gone for visa stamping of H1B. However, planning to do so and go to Canada.  

Prior to that, however, my passport is nearing its 10 years expiry period and due for expiry in 2 months. (i.e. June 2014). Considering my old student visa has expired on passport and i have valid I-797A form, are two green card witnesses required as part of passport renewal application. 

The BLS website says the following: 

"
Notarized Color photocopy of current valid US visa on passport or Green card or Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice documents. Student visa Status holders must enclose I-20 Document as well. If your visa has expired and/or or you have the receipt notice for extension of your visa then: NYC, SFO & HOU Jurisdiction Applicants - must provide a notarized no status affidavit with photocopy of the valid passport and the green card of two witnesses duly notarized + 7 Copies of Nationality Verification Form (Given in Point 2 above) are required and each copy must have an original photograph affixed on it. WAS/ATL/HOU/CHI Jurisdiction Applicants - must visit the consulate in person for an interview before applying at the passport application center. "

Found it little confusing. Since i have receipt notice for extension i.e. I-797 document, are two green card witnesses still required as part of application process? 

Any assistance in clarifying this part will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

I am on H1B visa and have no H1B visa stamping on my passport. My student visa stamp has expired and since then haven't gone for visa stamping of H1B. However, planning to do so and go to Canada.  

Prior to that, however, my passport is nearing its 10 years expiry period and due for expiry in 2 months. (i.e. June 2014). Considering my old student visa has expired on passport and i have valid I-797A form, are two green card witnesses required as part of passport renewal application. 

The BLS website says the following: 

"
Notarized Color photocopy of current valid US visa on passport or Green card or Employment Authorization Card or I- 797 approval notice documents. Student visa Status holders must enclose I-20 Document as well. If your visa has expired and/or or you have the receipt notice for extension of your visa then: NYC, SFO & HOU Jurisdiction Applicants - must provide a notarized no status affidavit with photocopy of the valid passport and the green card of two witnesses duly notarized + 7 Copies of Nationality Verification Form (Given in Point 2 above) are required and each copy must have an original photograph affixed on it. WAS/ATL/HOU/CHI Jurisdiction Applicants - must visit the consulate in person for an interview before applying at the passport application center. "

Found it little confusing. Since i have receipt notice for extension i.e. I-797 document, are two green card witnesses still required as part of application process? 

Any assistance in clarifying this part will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.  

Provide a notarized color copy of your I797.

Archived