H1B Stamping Queries

mailmerajarora

Hi All,

I came to USA in 2012 and my passport is stamped till September 2014. I switched the company here and got approval till December 2015.

I am planning to visit India in June this year and have few queries related to VISA stamping. I would appreciate if you can provide answers to my queries.

1. Do I have to go for Stamping again (my current stamping is valid till September 2014)?
  2. Should I go for stamping in India (Delhi Consulate) or Mexico ?
  3. What will happen if I go to Mexico for stamping and get RFE ? Will they allow me to enter USA?
  4. If I get rejected in Mexico, ca I go apply for stamping again at any other consulate?
  5. Last time, I got Pink 221G for my H1B. I got the stamping after I submitted few documents like Resume, Client letter etc. In DS-160, there's question "Have you ever been rejected for US Visa?" What should I fill as answer for above question because I was issues RFE but it wasn't Rejected.
  6. Share your experiences with Mexico/Delhi consulate

Thank You.

Hi All,

I came to USA in 2012 and my passport is stamped till September 2014. I switched the company here and got approval till December 2015.

I am planning to visit India in June this year and have few queries related to VISA stamping. I would appreciate if you can provide answers to my queries.

1. Do I have to go for Stamping again (my current stamping is valid till September 2014)?
  3. What will happen if I go to Mexico for stamping and get RFE ? Will they allow me to enter USA?
  4. If I get rejected in Mexico, ca I go apply for stamping again at any other consulate?
  5. Last time, I got Pink 221G for my H1B. I got the stamping after I submitted few documents like Resume, Client letter etc. In DS-160, there's question "Have you ever been rejected for US Visa?" What should I fill as answer for above question because I was issues RFE but it wasn't Rejected.

Thank You.

1. No.

2. Anywhere they entertain your H1B visa application.

3. No.

4. Yes. But, you do not have any guarantee that it will be approved at another consulate as every consulate follow stander procedure.

5. Your answer should be NO. 

Hi All,

1. If you are entering before Sept, then no need of new visa.

2. Home country

3. No, they won't. If they can then what's need of visa?? And they might issue 221g not RFE.

4. If your visa was rejected then yes, if its pending( 221g) then you need to withdraw the pending H1 and file for new H1

5. That's not rejected. It was "pending"

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in the same confusion..

Do I have to get a new visa stamp if I change employer and if my current visa is still valid ?

Everybody is saying, no need to get new visa stamping.

However when i checked with us consulate in India (usvisadocs support india).. I was told that I need to get a new visa stamp !!

So not sure which is correct ...!

Archived