H4-Dropbox- We screwed up

chethanjs

Hi,

Today my wife dropped off her H4 visa application, passport and I-797 at a drop box location.

It's the same company for the past two stampings. That is, this is her 3rd H4 VISA stamping for the same company XXX.

Instead of submitting my H1 visa photocopy for Company XXX, she accidentally submitted my previous visa copy for Company YYY. The Dropbox guys also didn't check during this time.

Do you think this will deny her H4 visa? Wouldn't the US Consulate retreive my most recent visa from their system? 

She has succesfully got her H4 dropbox visa for Company XXX the last time she submitted and this is just an extension.

I appreciate any inputs and ways to correct the information.

Thanks

Hi,

Today my wife dropped off her H4 visa application, passport and I-797 at a drop box location.

It's the same company for the past two stampings. That is, this is her 3rd H4 VISA stamping for the same company XXX.

Instead of submitting my H1 visa photocopy for Company XXX, she accidentally submitted my previous visa copy for Company YYY. The Dropbox guys also didn't check during this time.

Do you think this will deny her H4 visa? Wouldn't the US Consulate retreive my most recent visa from their system? 

She has succesfully got her H4 dropbox visa for Company XXX the last time she submitted and this is just an extension.

Thanks

Either she would be asked to submit Y's I797 or she would be asked to appear for interview.

Hi,

Thanks

Sorry X's I797.

She did submit current company's I797 i.e Company XXX's I797.

Only my H1b visa stamp copy was of previous Company YYY.

Wouldn't the US Consulate retreive my  H1 visa stamp of Company XXX from their system?

Your spouse needs a copy of your latest I797. Your H1B visa is irrelevant whether it is X or Y.

Archived