EB1 for management consultants

I've done a fair bit of research online, but would like to get your thoughts...

I have a PhD in science, and am currently working in the life sciences industry as a scientist. I have ~10 publications, and ~110 citations in total. Having been in my current company for a year, I am thinking of starting an EB-1 or EB-2/NIW application (I'm not from India or China).

However, I am considering accepting an offer from another company, specifically a management consulting firm (McKinsey & Company) later this year, about ~6 months' time. 

- My question is, should I start a (self-paid) application for EB-1 right now?

- If I file under the "outstanding researcher" category, will the application become void once I join the consulting firm? 

- If no for the previous question, does it make sense to apply for the "extraordinary ability" category? Will I be able to use my publications, scientific record, etc as evidence?

Thanks a lot for your input!

I was thinking that EB-1 "outstanding researcher or professor" would not be an option since I will be joining a management consulting firm. So my assumption was that I would be applying for "extraordinary ability."

Is it possible for me to start an application for "extraordinary ability" and submit research/scientific accomplishments as part of the package?

Thanks!

Assuming the evidence is related to the applicant's area(s) of extraordinary ability, such evidence, if available, would almost always be included with the EB1 petition.

The EB1 involves a number of complex issues, and case law from the past few years has made these cases even more challenging. If you are serious about filing an EB1 case, I strongly suggest you work with an attorney. For an evaluation of your credentials to determine whether you may be a good candidate for such a case, please schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys who can review your background in greater detail and advise you accordingly.

Archived